i think my sp may get worse..

xkiss_me_nowx

because i am near to finishing school soon..well going to college i am, and gettin a job and that. i really cannot see myself actually doing that.. when i speak to people i really do think theyre gonna think im weird or somethin because im not great at eye contact.. and making conv.. i really cant see myself making a future if im always gonna be like this. i wouldnt be able to stand the thought of everyone thinking im weird, and not wanting to talk to me.
i think sometimes i just wanna die.. alotta the time i think it would be just easier if i actually was dead :(.
sorry for the depressin thread :(

r0ck0ut04

Stay positive everything will work out , and screw what other people think do it for yourself.

frizboy

I'm actually in a pretty similar spot, because I just have 2 semesters left til I graduate from university and go on to grad school. I started getting concerned about my career and how my SA would affect me. I am going for a doctorate eventually you see, so I guess that means I'll probably be teaching a few courses.

Well, I went to see a counselor because I realized things were getting urgent. I can't really say if it was a good decision or not yet because they could only fit me in for one session so far :p But counseling is always an option.

I'd say I'm doing well for myself so far despite my SA. If you like to exercise, or even if you don't, it usually helps me release my tensions. I'm not sure how true this is, but apparently 30 minutes of exercise a day is supposed to help reduce anxiety. Something about endorphins, which are kind of like the body's natural sedative.

Hope that's good advice for you, even if it's just scratching the surface. Dinner's on, so peace out.