I really can't understand myself!

bimbo45

I am a slightly disabled man with paralisis. Caused by a road accident. I am a lonely man in my middle 40s. I have joined a lot of disabled sites to make some friends. I know i have sp but i have no confidence aswell.
The friends i have been chatting with on these sites, after a while seem to piss me off as i am very quiet and i don't hear from them again. Is it just me or do any members on this site. Have the same problem.
This problem is driving me mad! as i don't know what to do for the best?

Sable

Hi! I know what you mean, I do that too. Especially on MSN - conversation always starts in the usual way, then fizzles out when I can't think of anything interesting to say. That's why I've stopped using it. Maybe you should join some sites about other things. I am far more active on other message boards, that focus on my interests, than I am here. I only really come here when I am feeling low and need support. I find it easier to make 'friends' on, for example, a site I use that is dedicated to the writing of a particular author. I find that I can talk more easily with people who share a common interest, and that generally gives us plenty to talk about. Maybe that might work for you too?