I need to see a psychologist

Sure_whynot

But its expensive, time consuming, and I need to depend on my Mom (single parent) to get me there.

I really do need to see one, but I feel like shit asking and making my mother pay for it, drive me there, and waste more time on me.

These feelings just make me feel worse and make me need to see one even more. But I cant bring myself to make my mom do all of that.

At what point is my suffering worth exchanging for the suffering of my mother?... You see my problem? I need this, but as a single parent with 4 kids... Idk what to do.

What would you do?

please help.

Jo1991

You don't have medical insurance? I have a therapist but i have a medicaid that pays for it. If you feel really bad can't you just call a hotline and tell them your situation. If you were to be in College you would be able to see one at no cost at all. I understand how all this stuff is expensive, i don't really know what else to recommend you, try calling a hotline and tell them that you feel pretty bad.....

Errordotocx

It really is expensive it seems. Although I don't need one as bad as others I have thought about going to see one for awhile to see if I can get certain things situated and put in their place. But I know it's not cheap and I myself have no health insurance. Even with health insurance I still don't see it being all that cheap, but maybe thats just me. I would like to do it even if it's for a short term. But money situations keep me from taking such actions.

Celephaïs

Depending on the state you're in there may be free services available to you, I'd maybe check out the main psych hospital nearest a city for info.

SalemEdgerton1

But its expensive, time consuming, and I need to depend on my Mom (single parent) to get me there.

I really do need to see one, but I feel like shit asking and making my mother pay for it, drive me there, and waste more time on me.

These feelings just make me feel worse and make me need to see one even more. But I cant bring myself to make my mom do all of that.

At what point is my suffering worth exchanging for the suffering of my mother?... You see my problem? I need this, but as a single parent with 4 kids... Idk what to do.

What would you do?

please help.

Do you go to school? I know most high schools and universities have counseling services that are of no cost to you and you could do it while your at school.

SilentType

Banned
Do something for your mom in exchange for helping you out with affording therapy costs. Just bring it up to her and see what she has to say about it. Couldn't hurt...

Peace

Riiya

Just to be clear, your mother is the single parent with 4 kids?

Try hotline numbers, if you can't find a counselor at your school. I don't know what your issues are, but just talking to someone may help.

Sure_whynot

Just to be clear, your mother is the single parent with 4 kids?

Try hotline numbers, if you can't find a counselor at your school. I don't know what your issues are, but just talking to someone may help.

Yes, my mother is the single parent. hah

Sorry, When I wrote this I was pretty upset. =/