I need some ideas.

MrSomebody

Hello. First off, I'm not entirely sure that I've written this topic in the proper section, so if I haven't, I apologize for that. I have a question to ask, but I think it would be better served with a little preface, so I hope that's alright.

The last friendship of any real substance I had began in the summer of 2007 and ended in the summer 0f 2008. I won't go into why it ended; I'll just say that that particular person meant a whole lot more to me than I meant to her. Anyway, I am able to count the amount of times I've gone out with friends (acquaintances would be a better word) since the summer of 2008 on one hand (yeah, I know I'm pathetic). These few instances of sociability that I've had have been hindered by the fact that I'm not a particularly interesting person. Each time, myself and the person with whom I was spending time would be pressed to find things to do.

Anyway, I quit my job about 4 months ago, and a girl I met while working there got in contact with me recently, and we're going to be meeting up sometime in the near future. I'm fully aware of how silly my question is, but I was wondering if any of you could offer up suggestions as to things we may do? I'm not sure if we'll be going out during the afternoon or evening, so suggestions for either would be nice. I know it isn't entirely up to me to think of interesting things to do, and I'm sure someone will say that spontaneity is more exciting in a friendship than plotting things out, but I just want this first get-together to go well.

PS: I'm a 19-year old male and my friend is a 20-year old female if that helps. =)

You can take her to a sporting event; football, hockey, baseball, basketball.

I'm not really sure if you're the type that likes to talk a lot, if you arent I would suggest finding something that wouldnt require a lot of conversing.

You can go with the classics like a movie or if you do like to converse you can just go to a social place like a mall and walk around and talk to each other.

Hope that helped a bit.

losttroy

Whatever you do, best the best "yourself" you can be. And don't think, do. Because the only thing you have to fear losing is a chance to be with this one person. You might find that to be REALLY something someday. But at this point, all you know is someone wants to spend a little time with you. So let her, and see what happens.

klytus

There is another aspect to consider. If you don't know what to do with her, you probably don't know her well enough. That is obvious, given that you are yet to get to know each other. Therefore you should make the first meet-up about finding out what she actually likes. This purpose wouldn't be served well by activities that reduce the number of conversations to a bare minimum.