I need Propranolol and fast

Angel_Of_Death

Long story short, after making some research and reading about it on this forum and I had decided to order Propranolol from an online store, this was back in September. It had taken about 6 weeks for shipment.

It didn't fix my social anxiety, but helped alot at work and school and I'd take it in a couple of times a week when needed.

Now I'm out. Took the last one I had 2 weeks ago.

I'm starting school next week, and the beginning of the semester is always stressful.

I need Propranolol but I can't wait the 6 weeks for shipment.

I live in Canada, don't really have a family or personal doctor. I never see a doctor.

How do I get Propranolol prescribed to me? Do I need to see a psychiatrist first?

You don't need to see a psychiatrist first. I'm not sure whether you can get it from a regular doctor or not, although I'm pretty sure you can. I actually got mine prescribed from myneurologist, maybe that's what you want to try? It might also depend of your reason for it, but I don't know, I got it for headaches from my neurologist (hasn't done anything for me though grr!!!) Well anyways, good luck on getting some.

Angel_Of_Death

I need it for anxiety ...duh! :p

I'm just hoping I can find out a way of getting my hands on Propranolol for monday.

I just don't know where to go, who to contact. I don't feel like taking an appointment for a later date. I just wanna go in, explain my situation, get the prescription. If they want me to have therapy I have no problem but as long as I get my prescription.

I really don't want to start my semester with stress, I'm starting classes on tuesday.

Angel_Of_Death

I tried contacting the psychiatric "department" of the hospital near my house. I spoke to a receptionist, she told me the whole process before seeing a psychiatric doctor could take months. I explained my situation a little, informed I need to get a prescription for a medication related to anxiety, and I can't afford to wait months. I also explained to her that I don't have a personal/family doctor.

She said I could go into a medical clinic where they see patients without appointments and consult with a doctor there. I was given an address and went there. They took my medical card and told me to go back at 3pm.

I'll keep you guys posted.

decadeOfSA

You should probably see a psychiatrist anyway and maybe try some psychotherapy. That drug only treats the symptoms and it really isn't something good to keep taking. It doesn't treat the root cause. If you have a chemical imbalance, then SSRIs may help. Something like cognitive-behavioral therapy would probably be good to.

Angel_Of_Death

decadeOfSA said:
You should probably see a psychiatrist anyway and maybe try some psychotherapy. That drug only treats the symptoms and it really isn't something good to keep taking. It doesn't treat the root cause. If you have a chemical imbalance, then SSRIs may help. Something like cognitive-behavioral therapy would probably be good to.

I have no problem doing those things. I wouldn't say no to therapy, I wouldn't say no to CBT.

But the fact is that Propranolol does help me in stressful situations such as school. It's not something I normally take everyday, I take when I need it.

It might just be a temporary solution, but it's still better than nothing.

Angel_Of_Death

The wait was just too long and I couldn't stay as I had to go to work.

I didn't get the chance to see the doctor.

I might just place another order online, and suck it up in the meantime.

Fuck the doctors! Fuck the system!