I need help for my sister

austin111

Hi,

I have been searching the Internet for help with my relationship with my sister. I am sure she suffers from some sort of personality disorder or something and I just don’t know what to do.

It is a long story but her behavior can be angry, cold, controlling, hurtful and then she can be nice and sweet which makes me feel guilty for being mad with her and I then suffer by questioning myself. I feel really depressed at the moment and have tried to talk to her, asking her to open up but she won’t talk about anything and prefers to just 'get over it' - shutting me out again makes me feel worse, my mind goes into over drive and I’m making myself ill with worry.

I can be more specific with examples of behaviour, but firstly is there anyone who can offer their support?

Thanks

DYiNG-iNSiDE

hey its great you want to help her :] it sounds like she might have bipolar but when ppl think of bipolar they think crazy ppl but there are different stages i think i might have soft bipolar which might be what she has by the way you described the mood swings.

mienaino

A personality disorder is no small thing. If she has been this way for upwards of ten years, then maybe Borderline Personality, or it may be a type of manipulation... are you roughly the same age and still teenagers?
My younger sister was like that the whole time we were kids, then we made amends when she was 15 and I 19; she never behaved that way again... I think mine was an unusual, if not phenomenal case, but maybe I just haven't heard much about sister-brother relationships.

StonerBella420

Hey I have a a sister who has ADHD, ODD and memory relapse and she is only 10 years old and she sometimes does this to me, one minute she can be extremely happy and having fun with me and than next thing you know, she's pushing me away and telling me to leave her alone. It could be that she doesn't know how to express her emotions properly or that she doesn't know how to seek the help that she needs, I know it can be hard trying to be their for someone an they end up saying everything is fine and pushing you away. Also my dad is the same way except he can get very aggressive and smash things when he's angry. I can totally understand where your coming from. If you don't mind how old is your sibling?