I need friends before I can date

lostjeff

I am in a pretty sad state of affairs. Right now I don't have any buddies. No one to swap stories with (like I have any). Ugh...When I was in college I had a few but they have pretty much given up on me. Last year I called some of my old friends on New Years Eve and they said that first they were going to a comedy club and then to a party in San Francisco. I asked if I could go and they said it was too late to get tickets. They hoped that I had fun whatever I did. I stayed at home with my parents because I couldn't think of anything else to do. If they were my friends they would have invited me a long time before that. I haven't talked to them since, and they haven't called me. I have since cloisetered myself, my life only revolving between work and home. I haven't gone out socially with anyone in about a year now...I am 25. Losing my social skills and youth just dripping away. I constantly think about how to change and have tried to start a few hobbies but it seems to futile and pointless, especially when you live in a rural town like me. If only I had a social circle, a network, buddies, and then jobs, women, and memories would so much more accessable. Right now I have nothing.

Sue

i hear ya. after loosing my social skills i lost my best friend of 10 years. maybe she thought i wasnt interesting anymore. it bothered me alot at the start but im used to it now. people will come and go in life but the best will always stay with you.x

jss

In my opinion no friends stay if SP exist or It may be a rare thing

I had the best friends in my life but when my suffer from SP increased I started losing them and now I don't have any :( :(

Sue said:
i hear ya. after loosing my social skills i lost my best friend of 10 years. maybe she thought i wasnt interesting anymore. it bothered me alot at the start but im used to it now. people will come and go in life but the best will always stay with you.x

Chilling__Echo

i think everyone EVERYONE goes through a stage when they hit their 20s of like, "where's my friends?" kinda thing. i'm astonished to hear alot of my buddies say they feel lonely alot when i thought it was just me and they were former social butterflies. but now everyone's growing up.

hang in there sweetie, you'll find people, i've found that if you chill with smokers, you're bound to meet people. i hang out there and i don't even smoke. kind of a fight club thing going on there :wink:

anyway, maybe contact some old friends? see what they're up to?

MaGuS

lostjeff: I can relate to you completely...but I lost all my friends to drugs about two years ago... I haven't talked to one of them sense. But you know... when your in touch with yourself, your truly never alone. I hope you understand what I mean. Also, you always have us on the forums, I know that isn't much but it is still something.

young

damn! i wanted that toilet!!!

on topic. have you bailed out on your friends alot. because of your anxiety? i know that when you do it alot. people have less of a tendancy to call you. sicne they just assume you're going to bail. they're cutting out the work.