I met a new friend tonight

kotulakj2

I went to a board game meetup near my town. As a person that has been so introverted and quiet I never thought I could feel better about myself that I went. Well I met a new guy friend and I must say I'm pretty impressed that I was able to have a great conversation. It's amazing what one good conversation can do to someone's confidence as far as speaking. I was very hesitant to go too, because I'm not all that comfortable about big crowds, but had I not went I would be very rusty speaking to my date on Saturday and would have thrown away an opportunity to make a new friend. I mean friends aren't overly important to me in life, but I feel the only way to get better at conversation is to have friends. Who knows maybe I'll be a disaster speaking to my date on Saturday and will never want to speak to me again, but if nothing else I'll know something else about different people and I can pass what I learned about different people to other people. I think if you are a person that suffers from a blank mind like me that runs out of things to say, then I think meeting a bunch of different people is the way to go and do things you actually enjoy. Anyways I thought I would pass this along to show there is hope in life as a quiet person if you try. It's not easy and I'll be the first to tell you, but it's doable. I think too much of us here cave to rejection and could be why we avoid conversation including myself at times, but I feel hiding from rejection doesn't solve anything and all you can do is put it behind you and be determined to be accepted. It's taken me many many years to realize this, but I've started to realize it. I'll always be quiet, but still will do my best to be outgoing.