I made a try,but it failed.

GIOLANDA

Hello everyone! This weekend I had an opportunity of going with friends to an island here,where sb has a nice house,near the sea. I knew there would be many ppl(about 25,for me is a lot) and didn't want to go,but I decided to do it,only for fighting SA. But it wasn't a good idea after all. When everybody was in front of me at the table and when I had to help with the food,I almost had a panick attack. I wanted to leave,but it was an island,so I couldn't,I was absolutely depented on the ppl I came with! Fortunately,they were interested in psychology and started asking me different things,so they didn't notice that I was almost trembling. Only a smart girl,a friend of mine, asked me if sth was wrong. Wow,if we hadn't started that psychological discussion,I could have died from anxiety! Psychology saved me again! And the funny thing is that they count on me,wanting me to give any advice to them,and they don't know that I'm full of problems too. What an ironic life! I'm very sad that this thing failed and I couldn't manage. I decided not to do this again if I don't want to,it's not worth,if I get so anxious. There are things that I can do normally though,but being in a social environment with ppl you know,it's my worst nightmare. I think it can't change. :(

cLavain

Yeah, I know how you feel, but it doesn't really sound like a total failure to me. You went there despite your misgivings and even though it was uncomfortable you even talked to the people there. Only by staying at home would you have "failed" this event.

garnet

Hi Giolanda!

Please don't be hard on yourself- I totally agree with cLavain- you could try to view your experience (regardless of how horrible it felt), as being a really big success because you went and tried your best.

The unfortunate realisation with SA is that the fear will only lessen as you expose yourself more and more to different situations.

You could try playing psychology to your own advantage - use it as a great topic of conversation, and you don't have to have all the answers..simply try asking others what their opinion is...i like this because it gives you a chance to get your breath back and compose yourself.

I say well done to you for going and I would encourage you to try similar experiences in future.

Scottish_Player

GIOLANDA said:
I'm very sad that this thing failed and I couldn't manage.

You didnt fail!!

You went there, done what you did and came home, how is that failing?
If i where you i would be proud of the fact that i got through it, it dosnt matter how you got through it and what you done to get throught it, the point is that you DID get through it.

So, well done to you :D :D :D

MarCPatt

Overcoming this problem is not easy. It may take many, mana baby steps at a time. Heck, you took a leap. Good job. Maybe try a little smaller group next time and work yourself up into larger and larger groups. :D

GIOLANDA

Thank you very much for your support,all of you. I hadn't thought it like that. Now I feel much better. Thank you my friends!