I just don't enjoy it!

Iseesky

I have a few questions first of all...
-How do you know if you're leading a guy on?
-How do you know if a girl likes you? (I'm a girl...But I want the perspective of a guy!)
-Would you be 'just friends' with a girl who told you she didn't want a relationship with you? Or ignore her completely after that?

In one of my college classes, a guy has taken it upon himself to sit next to me. For the first few classes he was sitting at the back and a different guy was sitting next to me. But one class someone was in his seat and by chance the guy that normally sat next to me came late. He attempted some small talk, and I tried to uncomfortably respond back to him. He was very chatty. We didn't talk much that class. Next class the regular guy was back and I was comfortable again with the other guy in the back of the class.

The next day, despite his seat being empty, I came into class to find the chatty guy sitting next to me. We had plenty of time before class, so he talked and talked and asked me questions and I tried to answer without looking like an idiot. He waited for me after class (The horror! :eek:) and walked with me until we parted ways at the parking lot. The next class...The same thing happened. But, I blew him off after class by calling a friend on my cell. :|

Anyway, this situation is causing me lots of anxiety! It's good for me to talk with this guy. I need the experience. What's the harm? But, it really is draining. Just thinking about having to talk to him in class tomorrow is stressing me out. I'm crossing my fingers that he'll sit in his normal seat. I'd be relieved if he did! He told me after class that one day that he didn't talk to many people at school. He just went to class and went home. But, he was very comfortable talking to me as well as the people around us. He's definitely a nice guy. I wouldn't say we have anything in common...And I also wouldn't say I'm interested in him romantically. I don't know...There's no harm in being friends with him, but I just don't care to!

Is that weird? I'm always wishing I had more people to hang out with. People to go camping with in the summer. Just...People! But then I just picture us going out for coffee and it's weird to me. Maybe it's just weird going out with a guy and remaining friends. Maybe because I don't have ANY guy friends and I'm an immature girly girl? Going out for coffee with the girl I've been talking to seems normal and natural and comfortable.

This was way too long. ::eek::

EDIT: And to those of you who read my topic about the most beautiful man I've ever seen...I know if he spoke to me I'd do everything in my power to continue the conversation. No because he's beautiful, but because he was a very interesting guy and I think we had quite a bit in common.

Last edited:

panicsurvivor

I think you should be friends with the guy. I also think that if you have no interest in him you should let him know sooner than later. But he could end up being a good friend if you give him a chance. It will also be good for your anxiety to try to make a new friend.:D

mads

To me it seems like the guy does not have many to talk with and that is why he sits next to you. It is very possible that he likes you, of course no one other than him knows.

If you could be friends it will probably be great, but if he has romantic interest in you, you just have to let him know quick that you are not interested