I have a question about robinul and any advice?

Phantom

my doctor tells me to take robinul twice a day. My question to the people that take robinul to is...

After you take your FIRST tablet of robinul, when do you take the SECOND dose? 4 hours after the first dose? 5 hours after?

The reason why i ask this is because i take robinul at 6:30 or 7 in the morning before class. then eat breakfast an hour later. and class starts at 9.Then my lunch time starts around 12. Is it safe taking the second dosage 3 hours after i take the first dosage? My class after lunch is the most important to stay dry because we have those black seats ( i have truncal HH). Any advice anyone? i mean, i still need to eat lunch too and i know the affects of the medicine isnt that strong if i have food in my stomach.

my class starts 9 then lunch at 12-1. then class ends at 4 or 4:30

sorry, i hope my question isnt to complicated.

hyp-hi

My advice is to just use it as needed. Start out with the least amount that you need. If you find that you are still sweating, increase the dosage. What milligram are your tablets?

margiehope

When I first started taking glyco, the instructions were that I could take up to 8 mg a day in divided doses. On a hot, active day I take 3x2 mg in the morning and wait an hour before breakfast. Often I take less, and only once in a blue moon (or extra hot and humid day) would I take the last 2 mg.

My other instruction was to take the meds one hour before or two hours after eating. Basically it works best on a fairly empty stomach.

You'll find the right dose for you, though there's a fair bit of trial and error. But if you have fairly severe HH, 1 mg. isn't much.

grimaldi

margiehope:

When you take 6 mg in the morning, does it keep you dry all day or will you begin to sweat again at the evening? Thanks!

margiehope

margiehope:

When you take 6 mg in the morning, does it keep you dry all day or will you begin to sweat again at the evening? Thanks!

It almost always keeps me dry all day--and evening. Only on extra hot/humid days would I ever take the "last" 2 mg pill.