I hate women my own age :(

DaDahhhhDaDaDa

This is really, really bad for a straight guy but I'm honestly a misogynist towards girls my own age (17).
This kind of haterd pretty much came from an incident that happened before I had even gotten SA and Depression, thing about it is, it didn't even happen to me.
I often went to the movies with my old 'group' (the guys who I don't even speak to now) in year eight, and we'd get together with girls from other schools for a few laughs. I was really different then, and I actually became really good friends with this girl who lived in the countryside and was staying in the city with her grandparents for the month. We talked and joked around alot. I spoke with her two friends she met in my area and I found that I could actually relate better to girls than the tough, hardass males common in this town. Come to think of it now I don't even remember her name.

My 'group' and hers met together to go to the cinemas, and while we were walking down one of her friends told us about a prank they were playing on this guy called Michael from my school. He was waiting at the movies for her friend, and when we got there, her friend actually told him he was ugly and to go home in front of a whole line of people waiting to get into the theater. In my past a**holish self, I laughed aloud with the group at him as his head literally sagged and he walked out.
Now, most of us would get extremely angry or at the very least try to keep some 'dignity' in such an embarassment by holding their head high in front of others. But this guy really took it bad and I certainly don't blame him, they were taking pictures of him with camera phones just to add to the crap.

I really didn't think how bad it was until later that day. This was the worst possible embarassment that could happen to someone at such an early age, and I thought, they could do the same to me. I didn't go to the movies anymore, and certainly didn't speak to the girl or her friends again. Michael left my school after he was punched in the face during one of his regular bus trips home - great farewell. :?
This mentality seems to remain in my mind subconciously, everytime I'm talking to a girl my age I tend to ignore her, and I make it obvious too, not even turning my head in her direction. I sometimes even narrow my eyes when a girl offers her hand. In the rare occasion that I do get into a conversation it often ends very quickly as I get very nervous thinking that she might just be mocking me.

Can anyone suggest anything to help? I can talk to older women just fine, I like talking to them more than men. I think the fact that this didn't happen to me has made it more of a great fear, watching it happen just makes me incrediblely anxious, I know if it happened to me I wouldn't be able to handle it. :cry:

Tryin

Oh, me too. It's not about women in my case. No. I hate teenagers. I hate their absurd way of building and judging relationships. I hate their stupid need to be "cool". I hate their cruel perception of "fun". I hate their vulgarization of sexuality. I hate all that, or maybe I rather don't want to have to deal with any of that. Because I consider it stupid and malproductive. So what? I live and let live, but I keep my critical view... and live my life MY way.

And, dear D., identifying cruel behaviour as cruel and not wanting to deal with people (of whichever age or gender) who behave (or who you think might behave) cruelly is not misogynic. It's alright and I applaud you for it. Hate them! HATE THEM all you want. But don't put all the women your age into one category. You can hate certain individuals (and you can identify this individuals as mitglieds of certain grup), but still leave yourself space to have different judgement of others.

Primrose

You can get some pretty pricky adults too. They come in all shapes, sizes and ages believe me!

Poor guy, I hope he's come through that experience a stronger person.

At least you've acknowledged that it was wrong and have taken away something from it, but try not to get too down about it.

bandit

hate girls

Hey am 17 and hate girls too. Once a group of girls mocked me. I speak 2 girls once in a blue moon and they often ask me questions like "y dont talk 2 us?" I also get very nervos when am talking 2 them.

SocialRetahd

The sad part is hes only 17 and his face is still changing and will be until 20. I know a lot of people that were ugly teenagers and good looking adults. Only someone like me is screwed because I had below average hormone levels and thats why I am shortest brother in the family and that is why my I don't have cheekbones.

Tryin

SocialRetahd said:
The sad part is hes only 17 and his face is still changing and will be until 20. I know a lot of people that were ugly teenagers and good looking adults. Only someone like me is screwed because I had below average hormone levels and thats why I am shortest brother in the family and that is why my I don't have cheekbones.

Come on, SR. I am becoming tired of this. Post some photos of you, let us tell you that you look perfectly normal (or, eventually, that you indeed DO look as monstrous as you claim you do - which I don't believe is possible) and make this over.

DaDahhhhDaDaDa

Tryin said:
And, dear D., identifying cruel behaviour as cruel and not wanting to deal with people (of whichever age or gender) who behave (or who you think might behave) cruelly is not misogynic. It's alright and I applaud you for it. Hate them! HATE THEM all you want. But don't put all the women your age into one category. You can hate certain individuals (and you can identify this individuals as mitglieds of certain grup), but still leave yourself space to have different judgement of others.

Hate was a very strong word.. I was writing the first part 3 o'clock in the morning, so please forgive if I may have offended any ladies reading. Part of it is this area and my school as well - people here are very damm aggresive, and teasing as bad as that would be considered a joke.

bandit said:
Hey am 17 and hate girls too. Once a group of girls mocked me. I speak 2 girls once in a blue moon and they often ask me questions like "y dont talk 2 us?" I also get very nervos when am talking 2 them.
I'm sorry to hear that bandit, can't imagine how difficult it would be for you and hope that you can overcome the anxiety.

As for the guy who was mocked... I have never actually even seen him again. On his last day of school, right after he signed out, he was literally booed out of school. He probably must have moved to a another area as far away from this one as possible - the smart thing to do in truth.

AquariusOutkast

haha. Im a female and I dont like women my age either. I always had trouble making female friends. Most females I meet are bitchy and snobby.

spectator

Every bully I've ever had was female, now when I think back on it. Actually there was one male one, but I stood up to him by pouring ketchup and barbeque sauce down his shirt and punching him in the face. But I could never stand up to the 3 or so female bullies.

Passingthru

I think it is important to remember that when these girls humiliated that young man, they acted as individuals. Try not to see them as representative of all teenage girls. The great majority of girls this age would never consider doing anything like that.

But you might be saying that after this incident, you felt far too vulnerable to having the same thing happen to you, so you have placed some distance between yourself and teenage girls to prevent being humiliated. Maybe, you should drop any hostile attitudes towards the girls, and meet up with the girls with your group of guy friends. This is a reasonably safe situation for you to get to know some really great young ladies.