I hate when things are going so well and then you freak out about something silly

TheNewZero

I'm freaking out right now because of a misunderstanding I had with a new friend of mine. I thought he said that he worked somewhere where he didn't, and I asked him a few questions about it. He never really said anything, but today I found out that he works somewhere completely different. And now I feel really stupid and am beating myself up for making this mistake. I feel like he's not going to like me anymore because I did that. Bah this happens to me all the time. I hate attacking myself for these stupid things. And the thing is, I know they're stupid and ridiculous and the person probably doesn't even care but when I tell myself that there's always someone else in my head telling me differently. Now I remember why I get so stressed out from having friends!

Rise Against

I had one of those moments today. A girl in one of my classes was chewing green gum and she blew a bubble and it looked like she was eating a pickle and i said "where did you get that pickle?". At first she looked at me like i was retarded, so i said something like "oh its just gum" and started laughing. Lucky when i started laughing it kind of broke the awkwardness because she started laughing too. Then we became friends after that :)...

So, its really not that big of a deal... You should bring it up again and laugh about it. Maybe try to think of a joke about your mistake.

Errordotocx

So, its really not that big of a deal... You should bring it up again and laugh about it. Maybe try to think of a joke about your mistake.

Yeah I gotta agree. I used to try to say everything to perfection when I talked so no one could criticize me about it and even though I still occasionally do, I don't think as much about what i'm going to say or word it. I say some pretty stupid shit sometimes...but I just end up laughing at it.

TheNewZero

I had one of those moments today. A girl in one of my classes was chewing green gum and she blew a bubble and it looked like she was eating a pickle and i said "where did you get that pickle?". At first she looked at me like i was retarded, so i said something like "oh its just gum" and started laughing. Lucky when i started laughing it kind of broke the awkwardness because she started laughing too. Then we became friends after that :)...

He he a pickle. I would bring it up...I started to write an email about it but I just felt so stupid. This was on email and happened a few weeks ago by the way. Ugh I must have sounded so weird when I went on about a completely different job that I thought he had.

Rise Against

Ive found out that sometimes making stupid comments actually makes people laugh. Lol i seriously thought she was eating a pickle though. Haha, im glad that i did make the stupid comment because it was a good conversation starter and we ended up having like a 15 minute conversation.

gsmax5

What? That's funny. I would have thought you were telling a joke!

By the way, this is my 99th post.