I had the best dream of my life

Hurricane

Ive had those dreams too, they can really make you feel good :)
You know what you should try, lucid dreaming (where you are concious inside the dream and you can control everything that happens), I used to have them alot when I was young but lost the ability, now I'm retraining it and I managed to have 2 this past month, they were so cool

nighthawk

Yeah, i love those 'Why did I have to wake up?' dreams, too, thoughtless. I wake up all calm and peaceful. Also love when you can control your dreams, I always try to pick fights, fly... generally try to break all the laws of physics.

What's sometimes scary, though, is Sleep paralysis. Its too real. Like people or things or events are going on in your room and, as hard as you try, you can't move at all.

But there're not always scary. When I was young I had one where I dreamt my mom came into my room and told me I was going to have a baby brother. I was so happy....and unsure... for about a week before I said something to my parents and they were like "what the hell are you talking about???" lol So I'm still the baby :cry: :lol:

Plesant Dreams All
PEACE

Hurricane

The most important step for lucid dreaming is remembering your dreams. I keep a dreamdiary where I write (sometimes I write sometimes I do it on computer) in first thing in the morning what I have dreamed that night. ==> this will help greatly in remembering your dreams.

Also stating something like "I will have a nice dream and when I awake I will remember everything" till you fall asleep helps a great deal.

Once you can remember your dreams on a regular basis I would check out this site http://www.ld4all.com/index.html#frames(content=how_mild.shtml) for the lucid part. (Or just search in google)

magda74

Thoughtless, start by keeping a dream journal. Try going to bed with the journal open with a pen on top in a place that you can easilly reach for it. When you wake up, stay in the same position and review the entire dream(s) before moving. This will help you retain the most details. Then while still in bed, write your dreams down in your journal. Google lucid dreaming for more info. This really does help you eventually become the driver in your dreams.

I've been doing this since summer and have increased my ability to redo scenes in my dreams. I used to do be able to do this periodically since childhood, but my control would come and go.

Recently had a dream where I was driving and swerving all over the place. I kept changing the vehicle and trying to correct my steering. The road would turn to mud so I kept turning down other roads that were paved. I stopped to pick up a dog who ended up hanging his head out the window and we went for a long country drive. It was a great dream.

If you try it regularly you'll get a real kick out of all the things you notice. Like themes in your dreams that coincide with your waking life. Solutions that you come up with to stuff that's bugging you. It's so interesting. Keep us posted on how it goes.

ShadowCat

What's sometimes scary, though, is Sleep paralysis. Its too real. Like people or things or events are going on in your room and, as hard as you try, you can't move at all.

What is sleep paralysis? I thought it happened after you woke up...? But then it probably wouldn't have the word sleep in it. I've had dreams where I could hardly move, is that similar?

kiwi

thoughtless said:
I did. It was so... Complex, so... Emotional (in a good way), so active and so... FREE! It was just like a movie with all my friends and good things in it... And I got the girl in the end 8)

A sign of things to come? Haha I wish, but my God, I woke up and felt like I've never felt before.

Damn you, consciousness!

Wouldn't it be great if The Matrix was real and you could live in a made-up world all your life? I personally thought Neo was mad taking the blue pill (or was it the red pill?). I'd much rather live in a nice fake world than a shitty real one.

I bet most people here would jump at the chance to be put in something like The Matrix if their life in there was normal, rather than living out here in the 'real world' with SA.

sensitive

nighthawk said:

Plesant Dreams All
PEACE

Oh my god :eek: , i thought i am the only who have it. I have no explanation for this thing, last time was about few months ago and it really scares. You think some ghosts or aliens are trying to kill or kidnap you.

SPECTACULAR

sensitive said:
nighthawk said:

Plesant Dreams All
PEACE

Oh my god :eek: , i thought i am the only who have it. I have no explanation for this thing, last time was about few months ago and it really scares. You think some ghosts or aliens are trying to kill or kidnap you.
No, they don't kidnap you. they just sit on your chest preventing you from screaming, breathing or even opening your eyes. I still have it. it really sucks. One time, my mobile phone was ringing just next to me and i couldn't get up to answer. It used to be scary at the beginning, but now it sucks.

renegade

I used to dream a lot when I was a kid. But i'll tel you something. I know you won't belive me.

I often dream about places, still pictures of a place, just a look at one still image. And after a time when i go to a specific place, for the first time in my life, i remember it from my dream, exactly like I saw it.

And I get freaked out, I even dreamed poeple's faces that i afterwards met, kinda like a strong deja-vu feeling. I'm going to be a fortune teller :lol:

Ok, i'm going to stop now, I'm probably just imagining things, but belive me or not, it often happens to me.