I feel so terrible now... I could just...

dirrtybee

I went to the doctor FINALLY and told him about my sweating feet/hands and showed him. Thats the first person Ive ever admitted it to, I know my friends and what not see, but Ive never said I've had a problem.

He goes to prescribe me somehting, but he can't remember the name, a few days later i get my script

And its a private med, so i call the chemist to se ehow much it costs, what, they dont stock it? nor does any store in the state... WTF...

it was a Aluminium Chloride hexahydrate 20% solution?
and the chemist man said it was for infections on the feet?

Has anybody used it? If so does it work, coz I have to order it in from interstate if I want it.

I was in tears from the frustration of calling around and getting, "no we dont have it..."

Jane631

i used the same thing, but Im sorry, Im in the USA.

Also, when I used it, it didnt work very well on my hands or feet, and it iritated my skin a lot. If you do find it isnt working, I'm trying Certain Dri, which isnt a perscription and doesnt hurt my skin as much but works well, and Im pretty sure its sold worldwide, not just USA.

dirrtybee

Hm I got it, the reason they said they didn't have it was coz it wasn't a presribed drug... It wa so on the shelf... :roll: Ill try it tonight.

I wanna get those Oxybutynin (Ditropan) pills, wonder if those are prescribed.

dirrtybee

I dunno, but some people say they use it and a side effect of the drug is less sweating. Its kidna the same as Robinul i think. both oral things

Robinul is used to control drooling
and Ditropan is a tablet for weak bladder, but both have the same side effects of less sweating.

jzymom

DITROPAN INFO - PLEASE READ!!

I suffered from Hyperhidrosis for many years. My hands, feet, and armpits would literally drip sweat constantly. I know that many of you can relate!! I tried nearly everything, and I was considering the nerve surgery (I figured being sweat-free was worth risking paralyzation - shame on me!).

I was doing some research online and came across a post from a guy that tried Ditropan. I figured it was worth a try! That was over TWO YEARS AGO!! I have been 95% sweat free since I started this medication! I cannot tell you how it has changed my life for the good!

No more wiping my hands on my jeans until my jeans were soaked; no more huge, wet armpit stains; no more avoiding all social situations because of the fear of soaking wet handshakes; no more damp socks and shoes; no more ruined papers.....shall I go on?!

I asked my Family Physician about getting this medication. He's the one that put me on it. I get "Oxybutynin" which is generic for Ditropan. (I found out that the generic actually works better. If you cannot get the generic, choose Ditropan over Ditropan XL. The regular Ditropan works better.) I take 5 mg of Oxybutynin each night.

The only noticeable side effect (besides the decreased sweating!) is fatigue. Which is why I take my pill right before I go to bed. It took about 2 - 3 weeks before I noticed a major difference so stick with it! After your sweating decreases, your anxiety lessens, which causes you to sweat less, which causes you to think about it less.....it's a wonderful positive cycle!!!

Please feel free to email me with any questions! I'd like to help as many people as possible as this medication has definitely helped ME!

Christy [/b]