I feel like shit

sketchy24

Well... I'll read that when I'm not so tired. I just have to say, if you feel like shit, you must feel pretty lumpy and mushy.

:lol:

grakovsky

My problem is that I hesitate to talk to her because I am embarrassed to have to tell her about my "friends" and my situation and cannot seem to find a group of friends. I mean if I see them I'll say hi and talk to them sometimes, and I can't find a solid group of friends that I can always hang around. Because of this I keep turning back to my old friends out of desperation. But thank you for the advice.

grakovsky

You are correct and basically I've just to get over it. I wish I could "start over" but I can't because here in High school everything is set to stone, you are you are and its really hard to change your image like a fucking status quo or whatever.

tiffstar

Pinker said:
I know the situation.. lack of friends, job etc makes you afraid of looking like a looser when trying to make new friends. Fact is you're gonna have to start with someone anyway. If she's worth your time she probably won't desert you if you make the effort.

That is exactly what I'm going through too. My mentality says that I won't appear cool if I don't have other friends. So I've got a close friend (though not really good for me) who makes me feel like my status is elevated (its a really retarded reasoning)because one friend is better than none

Last night I wrote an email to her basically saying that I didn't think our personalities were compatible so it was time to part ways. (so when she calls me I don't have to lie or avoid her) I hesitated with pressing the send button because the consequence was that I'd look like a loser not having other friends.

If new friends desert you on the basis that you have no other friends or no work, this just reveals they don't really value you as a person.

grakovsky

Yeah there is always some really awsome people that even though hang out with the "cool" crowd never judge me and I have become his freind but I will never be able to really hang out with him much because all his other freinds would think I'm a joke. What do I do!!

tiffstar

grakovsky said:
Yeah there is always some really awsome people that even though hang out with the "cool" crowd never judge me and I have become his freind but I will never be able to really hang out with him much because all his other freinds would think I'm a joke. What do I do!!

Well you should never undermine your self worth by thinking that his friends would think you're a joke. what would they know.
I've trained myself to let go of thoughts that people will think bad of me, to the point that if someone did say something bad, I'd be neutral about it, not angry or happy - just I don't care.

I think that if you feel that you don't care what others think, then you have nothing to.

grakovsky

the one time I grew some balls and tried to talk to them normally they went beserk; "OMGOMG LOL WTFBBQSAUCE grakovsky said he likes pepsi lol hahah". It wasn't about pepsi but I tried to takl to them and made a normal comment, they laughed at me, that just makes me feel like shit

tiffstar

grakovsky said:
the one time I grew some balls and tried to talk to them normally they went beserk; "OMGOMG LOL WTFBBQSAUCE grakovsky said he likes pepsi lol hahah". It wasn't about pepsi but I tried to takl to them and made a normal comment, they laughed at me, that just makes me feel like shit

aw poor you. It's hard to break their mould of you as this quiet, silent person. Though humiliating, I don't think it's ill-intentioned, more like astonishment because they're not accustomed to you talking. But yeah, they're still bastards for laughing at you

Tab

grakovsky said:
i deleted because it was stupid and full of faggotry

This is the one place where I can assure you no one will think of you in a negative light or as something other then who you are.