I feel crappy again...

lilmutegirl

So, I have ups and downs, as everyone does, but I fear I am about to be in a big "down" and don't know what to do at this point. Basically, I no longer have one of my two jobs (it closed, so I didn't do anything wrong there). The other job is in the field I want a career in, but only part time. I used some of my savings (which was supposed to be for a down payment on a house) in order to buy a car (my old one died). My landlords (ex-husband's grandparents) have had work done around the outside of the house, and requested I respond regarding it. I answered one question, but did not schedule time to have one of them come over in regards to another issue (which I brought up). I have been trying to fix the house up before they will be there again (in a couple of weeks). There is a new issue that has arisen, and I specifically told my son not to say anything until I could figure it out, and of course, he told his grandma (landlords' daughter). She told me I need to tell them soon. That was Friday. I want to just fix it, and move on...
I can't replace the money I had saved for awhile, so I can't even offer them any monetary compensation.
I received an email today from one of them, and I got the sense she is very disappointed in me. I know I am, both for the fact that I'm too freaked out and absent-minded to answer their emails in a timely manner, and for the fact I have not had to pay rent for 5 years, yet have nothing to show for it...