I don't think I deserved this

This may seem petty but please bear with me...

Well I was hurt online. Initially I was confused as to why she no longer had feelings for me so I asked her...unfortunately it developed into a drawn out argument in which she repeatedly accused me of being manipulative and guilt tripping her. I genuinely wasn't and I was trying to explain myself so she wouldnt think I'm a bad person but I made it worse. I eventually gave up and made an attempt to calmly conclude things to avoid further pain. At this point I'd let go and actually felt okay.

Then I woke up the next morning to discover she'd left me this huge nasty message. She still thought I was trying to make her feel bad and said she didn't want to talk anymore...and she'd blocked me. I only knew this girl online so it wasn't really a big deal to move on. But I've known her for years and she used to really like me so waking up to discover her block really hit hard. I don't know why she had to do that. She had the wrong idea and now she'll never know.

I know it's quite pathetic/sad really to get hurt online but I feel so unbearably guilty and worthless. The problem with social phobia is I have limited social interaction and so tend to fall prey to stupid online flings that always end painfully.

Any advice/similar stories would be much appreciated. (Sorry for long post)

Last edited:

MikeyC

Talking to someone online is difficult, and getting points across the way you mean them isn't easy, either. Sorry it happened but unfortunately there's not a great deal that can be done about it. Sounds like you'll just have to forget about her. ::(:

I've had fights/disagreements online, too, purely because I have typed things that I thought were okay in my mind but the message was lost and misconstrued.

Srijita52

Talking to someone online is difficult, and getting points across the way you mean them isn't easy, either. Sorry it happened but unfortunately there's not a great deal that can be done about it. Sounds like you'll just have to forget about her. ::(:

I've had fights/disagreements online, too, purely because I have typed things that I thought were okay in my mind but the message was lost and misconstrued.
Yeah it has happened to me a lot too. I agree that there isn't much that can be done now.

montejocarlo

i have to agree with this.

so have i... many times.