I don't know what I've done wrong

Piko8

Hi, first post.

I left my boyfriend of 11 years back in January. It was a mutual split. Basically I have a long term physical health condition and my doctors weren't being very supportive. So I devoted a lot of time whilst out of work in looking for ways to get me better. Unfortunately my boyfriend found it too hard to cope and so we broke up.

I moved out of the house, bought a new car using my old one as collateral and moved into my mum and dad's 10 miles away from where I lived before. I found myself a job and enrolled into a health and social care course. The job is going well so far.

I first noticed things were a bit off on Thursday night. My dad was being a bit off with me and I didn't know why. On Friday I had a few things to sort out, mainly a doctor appointment that was pre booked 2 weeks ago, sorting out an endocrinologist referral that hadn't yet gone through and going to my shifts for work as well as drop in my time sheet for the week. My dad made a joke about how I managed to get up early to go to a doctor appointment and how I managed to fit it in seeing as I was busy with shift work all week.

When I came home after my last shift was over we had dinner and my mum said they had a phone call from a friend of theirs who went through her husband cheating on her and leaving her. I asked mum if their friend was okay and my dad chipped in saying that this friend of theirs is a hypochondriac, doesn't work, is lazy and deserved her husband leaving her. I couldn't help but feel that was aimed at me in a way. But things for me had changed as I have a job and I'm getting good feedback from my customers. My boyfriend and I are back together and are in a long distance relationship.

My dad did say to me he would have a problem with me moving back into my boyfriend's house because of how damp it was, and most likely affected my health, because I would make myself worse again. But he said staying the night at the house was fine.

I don't understand because my mum's attitude to me hasn't changed, just my dad's and I can't think of anything that I had done to make him be this way towards me. I don't feel like coming back home after the weekend because of the way he's behaving with me and I'm just hoping that something awful will happen to me so I don't have to put up with this strange attitude anymore.

Diend

my dad does that to me too. i'm not working so i always presume he is being passive aggressive with me when he talks about all the rookies he's seeing at the post office. so ask your dad if he was hinting anything when he said that. confront him. ask him what's the deal.