I don't know if I believe what he said...

dannyboy65

For new years I had my friend from college over. We played video games and watched movies, as we both aren't very social people. At the end of the night we were about to go to sleep and he asked if I wanted to sleep or talk.

I said sure we could talk. So we talked and it got deep. He told me how he struggle with depression, loneliness and anxiety. He recently got out of the hospital where I was also put into for the same reason. I told him my story and how I control my illness's.

I told him how I used to be a thief and substance abuser. I told him how in 1 year I dramatically changed. He then told me that he thinks I will have a great life and impact many people's lives.

I didn't hear anyone tell me that before it was really nice. I just don't think its true though, I know he meant it. It's just I don't think I make an impact in people's lives I don't feel like a special person. I also worry about my life constantly so I don't know if I will have a good one I'm just trying to build it. It's confusing, since he said those things I didn't stop thinking of them.

Sacrament

I'm guessing he believes that you can do those things, but it takes perservering and overcoming your battles with anxiety/depression/etc. He probably meant that you have the potential to do all of that, but only if you make the best out of all your potential in a way that he "can't".

Diend

i generally don't believe nor understand such vague compliments. so i can see why you don't get what he meant.