I did it!!!

Marlene

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i had my first presentation today and it was great (there was some anxiety simptoms but nothing terrible). in my wildest
dreams i could not imagine that after 2.5 years of major public
speaking fear i would do so well. to be honest i dont now exactly
wat was the turning point. THIS IS ONE OF MY BEST DAYS OF MY
LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM EXCIDED ABOUT MY SECOND PRESENTATION TOMORROW!!
i want you all to know that it is possible to beat this, if i did it anyone
can!!!!!!!!!
i can wipe the smile of my face!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ezrider

Hi Marlene,
I'm so happy to read this, that's exactly what i felt after my first public speech without fear.
I wish you good luck for tomorrow :D :D :D

van_sp

Congratulations!! :) Public speaking is one of the biggest fears of modern society, let alone, people with a social phobe.
Do you mind sharing what helped you to conquer this? How long did this take? I'm in the starting process of conquering this fear.
Thanks in advance.

Marlene

My presentation is afternoon today but i am not very concerned, i
now now that i can do it. The anxiety has dropped to a mild level.
I think a lot of factors go into this!!!!
I have accepted myself and my simptoms, i have accepted that i am
very nervous and i respect that. that is who i am right now i am not
going to fight it. i think if you fight it it becomes more stronger!
you have to ask yourself what is your fear around
people? i always feard that everybody will think that i am unworthy
because of my simptoms, that i am no good.. so i have came in to do a presentation completly
accepting my feeling of worthingless..
and one big factor is that i was thinking that people are mean, that they would laugh at me and hurt me. i needed to see other people in a diffrent
way, they are not my enemies....
and i have to thank a special friend who help me thru last week with
great support, Charlie!!!!!
I just want to tell you that you can do it, it is not easy or pain free but
you can surley do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlieHungerford

Good luck with your presentation this afternoon Marlene, you are going to do fantastic! That is so cool how you are now thinking, the positivity coming from you now is amazing! I think having another presentation so soon after a successful one will be brilliant for you as well, because you are now so high on confidence with this, you know you can do it, whereas before you were basing your opinions on presentations on one really bad experience, believing it was so dangerous and you would be hurt, which was no wonder why you became so anxious and afraid of presentations, but that is all going to be behind you now!

And you really don't have to thank me, I should be thanking you for listening to my thoughts and beliefs behind these things!

You now have proved to yourself you are good enough and can do anything, even things you are so afraid of, the only way is upwards and upwards for you now!

Have a good one this afternoon!

Marvolo

Congratulations, Marlene! :D

It's very fine that you've managed do it so well. I hope your 2nd presentation also was great.

Such posts are very positive, as they give real hope also other SA-ers.

Cheers! :)