I could have cancer, but I HATE the doctor

GKJB

I've had so many experiences with feeling like a total idiot when I visit the doctor. The first time was for SA, & he sat there umming and arring for about 10 minutes, then gave me a number of a councillor to ring :x

The last 4 times have been because of a mole on my chest that has been really hurting for the past few months. The first GP referred me to another GP, who told me he didn't see any point in removing it because it looks fine. He sent a letter to a dermatologist at the hospital... I never heard back. I visited a different GP who examined my breathing (f*** knows why) then told me I pulled a muscle in my chest which is what the pain was. It didn't go away, so I went back to another GP who put me on a waiting list and said he'd ring me within 2 weeks so I can get it removed. He didn't ring.

Basically if I go up there again I'm going to feel like the biggest idiot ever, and I can't bring myself to ring them... in a way I'd rather leave it and die then have to be humiliated again, but the pain is getting unbearable because its 24/7

If I can get my hands on 60 quid I can go to a private clinic in London to have it checked... but I have nobody to go with :roll:

I hate doctors, has anyone else had bad experiences with them?

Helyna

Wow. Your doctors are idiots. I've heard all sorts of bad things about English health care. But you have to have something done. Even if it isn't cancer, it hurts. You can call back the people who said they'd do something. It isn't stupid. You're calling to remind them that you should have gotten an appointment and are wondering what happened. That's all you have to do. You want that appointment. Once (if) you get one, emphasize that it is bothering you. Like I said, you're doctors are idiots, not you.

littleneko

Doctors can come off like real jerks sometimes. Sometimes it's because they are, and sometimes it's because they're overworked etc... being a GP can be very demanding.
That said, they should be able to keep track of appointments. Are there any other non-private doctors in your area you can visit? I've only just found a doctor I like (after visiting several quite awful ones and putting something off for 2 yrs or so..)

Good luck :)