I cheated....

dannyboy65

I was given an assignment for school to do at home I did it once with my life coach and got 76%, I tried it on my own at home and got 57%. Where my marks dropped was on the 7 questions the teacher didn't teach the formulas too. So I had no clue how to do them and pretty much had to guess. So they dropped my mark significantly. I got so mad that I went and wrote them all down and cheated on that part. I left some questions wrong so she would know I didn't cheat. I feel so guilty about what I did, but I'm angry that she would mark us on something we weren't taught.

anomicdeer

I'm sure a lot of people cheat. I never have though so I know how you feel.

I remember one time in Algebra 2 students were passing answers to a test that the teacher printed out and she didnt know. Someone I knew gave me the paper too and I didnt bother. But these days I think I would be I'm more angry and worried and dont care. What could be worse.

..I'm angry that she would mark us on something we weren't taught.

You could bring this up with the teacher.

It shouldn't be about whether you get high scores, rather its about are you learning or not - a test assesses if you have learnt what you've been taught - if you arrive at your answers in an unconventional way, but you're still learning, then its ok. I once had a lazy teacher who took test questions verbatim from a book available in the library, so I was able to prepare for his tests :p

dannyboy65

You could bring this up with the teacher.

It shouldn't be about whether you get high scores, rather its about are you learning or not - a test assesses if you have learnt what you've been taught - if you arrive at your answers in an unconventional way, but you're still learning, then its ok. I once had a lazy teacher who took test questions verbatim from a book available in the library, so I was able to prepare for his tests :p

Well I want to learn everything I can and I'm used to getting high marks because I take in what I learn pretty fast and I'm able to present it. It makes me feel good and what I just did makes me feel guilty.

S_Spartan

Meanwhile politicians and corporate heads are doing whatever the F they want without a care in the world....just sayin', for some perspective. :)

dannyboy65

Meanwhile politicians and corporate heads are doing whatever the F they want without a care in the world....just sayin', for some perspective. :)

Yea I understand that I was over thinking. I just didn't cheat before and I'm trying to be a better person and this creeped under my skin.

SCP-087-1

Cheating is a fun and cool thing to do. If you keep your mouth shut about it then no one will catch you. "Oh but you're just cheating yourself because you wont know that info and you'll need it for future employment" Cool I'll just google it on my phone. I'll eventually learn it by looking it up all the time anyway.

And about your whole moral dilemma. The more you do it the less you care about it.

Sacrament

Maybe not to most people but it matters a lot to me.

I get that you'd find it troublesome if it was something that happened constantly, since it would mean you were a bad person. But in this case, in these particular circumstances, it's really not a big deal. When I was in college I had an exam and was having trouble with it, and the person "monitoring" the classroom didn't know if people were allowed to use their textbooks and whatnot with the exam, so I just grabbed mine, put it on the table and used it to help me pass with a decent grade. I also wrote important keywords on my hands for other exams, which also proved to be valuable. As long as you put in the work, it's okay to get a little extra help here and there to get by.