I can't recall my dreams! Fluoxetine 20mg

Raichel

How strange. Just a few minutes ago I was thinking to myself: 'well, such a good thing my anti depressants haven't caused any adverse effects'. Then I read your thread and I was like damn, haha. Ever since I started taking those pills I can't recall my dreams either.

ImNotMyIllness

Yeah! I'm thinking to myself, well that can't be good. I have a feeling it's hurting my memory...I'm not sure though. But, I keep forgetting if I took an aspirin or not. Last night I wasn't sure if I took my Fluox. Hmmmm............
:thinking:

this_portrait

Huh, fluoxetine never had that effect on me. The only side effect I've ever experienced with it is wanting to sleep all the time.

ImNotMyIllness

I'm beginning to suspect that it is messing with my memory. I missed a weekly appointment with someone because it slipped my mind........HUH?..That never happens. I heard people call them stupid pills, I am beginning to wonder. If this doesn't help my OCD, I'll discontinue taking them.

aNOTfox

The same has happened to me! since I moved to 40mg I can never remember my dreams if if I can its always just random events.

Haha yeah, stupid pills I remember that. Just the other day I forgot to sign on for job seekers allowance which I've never done before!

blackgatescross

I have found that with being on 40mg of Fluoxentine a day, has made me somewhat lethagic.

I used to run and lift weights quite a bit, and after taking this stuff I don't seem to have the willpower or the energy to do that anymore. I feel happier and more relaxed, but I don't really feel like doing the things that I used to do.

ImNotMyIllness

I'm off the Fluoxetine! I'm not taking any pills without some type of therapy. But, if I do (and I have no plans) it will be after I exhaust all other options. I'm just in the beginning phase of learning about my illness and the effects of medication.

Who knows what the long term effects or damages are? Before I decide to take an medicine again, I'll first minimize other negative effects on my mental health i.e bad diet, lack of sleep and poor coping methods. Let's see where I stand after that.

P.S The last two days I was on the medication I had some brief dream recall. (I was only on it for three weeks). Anyway, the wild dreams are back and so is my recall.

Last edited:

ClovizKarts

i don't take fluoxetine, but have being taking this drugs for a long time and yes it is true i don't dream any more, actualy don't remenber then.

My memory sucks!! i also forget if i took my medicine... i'm sure that is this drugs fault. forgetting to take the medicine is just one exemple, it goes for everything i can watch a movie today and in most cases if i saw the same in a few months i won't remender how it ends.

actualy i am just in the process off trying something instead of drugs. i found a few option and i am going to try it.

ImNotMyIllness

I just remembered my dream last night!! It was a nightmare actually. I was at a college campus in some kind of seminar or something. I left briefly but did not take my ipod with all of my songs. When I came back, it was stolen! I was so upset!! I was wondering if the guy I befriended earlier betrayed me and stole it. All of those songs-gone!

Funny thing is, I sold my ipod a year ago (I needed money). My music is on my laptop. LOL..scary dream though!

Last edited: