I can't believe this is happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

What has changed for you to go from making progress to being a disappointment? What were you doing for a whole year – nothing? Or were you studying?

Like you i am currently living with my parents. I told my parents that i was unhappy and i asked them for a loan so that i could move out of the house. At the moment they are still discussing it. Unlike you, i’ve never been close to my parents. They are the cause of many of my problems. Hopefully things will get better for me soon. If the cause of your current problems is your parents then maybe you should try and move out if that’s possible.

jauggy

Sahara it seems like you are suffering from depression. How long has this been going on for? I have suffered depression too - for over 5 years now. Though at the moment its barely there. I am feeling much better now.

maggie

SaharaWorld...."the point of you now"...is to be the best person you can be with the circumstances you have...i totally sympathize with going through a depression, or just a particularily shitty time....i guess, just taking small steps to feel more confident about yourself is all i could suggest..and don't be so hard on yourself....there are already lots of people around who have no fuckin idea how hard it is to live with this anxiety and deal with it...and who are willing to kick us in the ass when we're already feeling low....for me, if i have something difficult to do (just about everything outside my house :roll: )..i HAVE to do it first thing in the morning...get it over with before i overthink and worry about it a thousand times in my head.......it helps a little..and are you're parents well informed about social phobia?...are they willing to listen to you explain how difficult these things are for you?...if not, do you have a friend..sibling..who could help you with the transportation part?.....good luck Sahara.....better days could be ahead :)

Chilling__Echo

hey sahara, the horrible thing about anxiety is that it can come back and attack us at any time. just when we think we can walk with out looking over our shoulder for it, it pounces. then we end up flat, face-first on the ground and wondering how we got there.

i think you're just not back on your feet, you'll get there, but i think you're feeling a mix of dissapointment with yourself and your parents.

i wish i could change your situation. you'll eventually get back on your feet, go out and get your mind off things and let yourself heal. you've not regressed. i don't think anxiety ever leaves us. plus you've probably been under alot of stress lately, go easy on yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.