I can't bear to read about children being bullied

Shyguest

Hi,

It really hurts me so much when I hear of children being bullied at school and it just leaves me feeling really depressed and wanting to cry. I really want to reach out to those kids and hug them. I feel the same way towards animals as though I always want to protect them.

Joldo

Your not the only one. Makes me so angry when I ready about a child being bullied, but they seem to have no where to turn. But animal cruelty makes me even more angry and sad. Animals are totally defenseless, they look up to us for protection, and what some people do to them disgusts me.

Shyguest

I think I'd like to run like a sanctuary type of school for children who are being bullied. I have a great affection for animals and even make pets out of calves.

PhantomPod

I also can't stand reading or hearing stories about kids being bullied. It's just so unnecessary. It blows my mind how everyone can't just be nice to each other and live in peace and happiness and all that sappy stuff.

spectator

Me too. Well, I've never got into animal rights (I had a...bad... experience with animals in the past) but children being bullied pisses me off so much that it almost makes me wish they could permanently disable some of the kids who do it to them....****....you see one group of kids with potential who end up with warped personalities and all sorts of disorders because of this childhood trauma (and it IS trauma, nothing less), whose intelligence and all they could bring to the world ruined by this other group of kids who are pieces of trash who grow to be mentally healthy and live out their lives in happiness and bliss. Pisses me off. Sometimes I just want to go to the developing world where everyone gets to suffer equally in a struggle to survive, where the drivers of technicals who shoot women and children are unhappy and disturbed and not blended into society, rich, and happy like here.

HexNoir

spectator said:
Me too. Well, I've never got into animal rights (I had a...bad... experience with animals in the past) but children being bullied pisses me off so much that it almost makes me wish they could permanently disable some of the kids who do it to them....****....you see one group of kids with potential who end up with warped personalities and all sorts of disorders because of this childhood trauma (and it IS trauma, nothing less), whose intelligence and all they could bring to the world ruined by this other group of kids who are pieces of trash who grow to be mentally healthy and live out their lives in happiness and bliss. Pisses me off. Sometimes I just want to go to the developing world where everyone gets to suffer equally in a struggle to survive, where the drivers of technicals who shoot women and children are unhappy and disturbed and not blended into society, rich, and happy like here.

Honestly, I've never heard of anybody having any real problems from being bullied, apart from minor confidence issues. Childhood trauma is kids actually getting physically beaten by parents and whatnot - that's what actually screws some kids up. Those are the ones I truly feel sorry for. Whereas bullying... not so traumatic. Sure, I've struggled with confidence as well, but it has nothing to do with the fact I've been bullied.

But on topic of the thread as a whole, you'd be surprised at how many people get bullied and how many of them are perfectly fine. You can't have a perfect world, there would be no growth. If bullies have taught me anything, they've taught me to rise above, know myself, and fuck them. As a matter of fact, I've even mastered the art of befriending a few. I've been realizing - If anything, bullies have helped me. They've helped me to push forward and become the person I am, and realize what I am capable of. And that life sucks sometimes, and you just have to go through with it, and somehow it's always for the better.

PhantomPod

Vulvectomy said:
Honestly, I've never heard of anybody having any real problems from being bullied, apart from minor confidence issues.
I'd say that someone who goes into a school shooting up the kids who've been bullying them and others can be consider a real serious problem.

Also, I would consider confidence issues (be they minor or major) to be a real problem. These confidence issues can hold people back so that they never reach their full potential in life, and those confidence issues may often have stemmed from bullying.

I do think that it may depend on the personality of the target of the bullying. Like some kids may have a stronger personality and more self confidence due to, perhaps, a very supportive homelife, so they may not be as affected by the bullying and taunting. But I say that bullying breaks someone down and impacts their personality, no matter how strong their personality and self-confidence was to begin with.

So I really believe that a generalization can be put on the fact that bullying causes trauma, which leads to further problems in life, be it depression or just feelings of inadequacy in school or in the work place.