I asked a girl out today. She said...

steviegerrard489

..Yes.

But I still have my doubts! (Typical shyness / negative thoughts)

Anyway, this girl works at my local gym and I have 'known her for about a year, or just over a year. I first noticed her looking at me occasionally but it took me about 4 months to actually get the courage to say something to her.

We spoke every now and again in the cooridoor etc and about 3 months ago we became 'facebook friends'.

So today I was in the gym waiting and waiting for her co-workers to disappear. They eventually did so I went over to say hello and we talked about general stuff like 'how was your weekend'. Then I said: "I've been meaning to ask, would you like to come out for a drink with me one evening?!" She went bright red! :lol: Then she said something like: "What do you mean, like a date or like friends?" I said: "What ever you want it to be!" (or words to that effect). Then I said: " You must get asked out all the time!" and she said "Not as often as you think!"

Well ultimately she said 'yes' but we agreed to wait a couple of weeks because she is going on vacation very soon. I agreed to send her a message on Facebook. Then the conversation ended because she had a personal training session to give.

So I have 2, maybe 3 weeks to psyche myself up for this date.

UnhappyGuy

haha! I'm glad you plucked up the courage and it worked out for you! I hope everything goes okay for you!

maggie

wow! awesome stevie! I think you've got the hardest part over with..the approaching and asking out..now you know she's interested in you..that's really cool..and the fact that she went bright red? in a weird way, that would have made me feel better..that perhaps she's shy as well..keep up posted 8)

SocialRetahd

good luck. Ugly guys like me aren't allowed to ask people out, unless they are also visual pollution. And even then, the person is only with you because they can't do any better.

stevelee24

First of all great news but i think the waiting 2 to 3 weeks will make it abit harder for you the more time you have to build up the worse it is i find its easyer just to jump right in.
if i was you id put the date right at the back of your mind until the time comes dont get stressed about it
Good Luck

steviegerrard489

maggie said:
wow! awesome stevie! I think you've got the hardest part over with..the approaching and asking out..now you know she's interested in you..that's really cool..and the fact that she went bright red? in a weird way, that would have made me feel better..that perhaps she's shy as well..keep up posted 8)

Thanks for all the messages guys...

Yeah, I think she is shy but not on my level of course. She obviously has to deal with a lot of people while working in a gym so I doubt it's that bad.

Yep, her going red made me feel better and surprisingly I didn't go red! Though I was quite sweaty from my workout!

steviegerrard489

rado31 said:
You should ask more women to go out in order to distract your mind and not to obssess particularly with this chiq. Maybe looks little unfair, but in the market competition you are chosing her, and also you still have ability to look what is available on the market :D

..note that i m not asking one single chiq to go out :S

Quite right. Finding more will be quite difficult though. Even at work, most have boyfriends..

Fortunately I have 3 nights out this week including some old uni 'friends' I haven't seen for about a year. They are all girls as it happens.

I always have to set up our reunions because none of them really care that much to contact me. I've learned to accept it though.