I am so scared can anyone re-assure me please

kerryann

hello there

over the past few months i have suffered with panic/anxiety attacks and i am now awaiting to having councilling and i am on meds for my attacks too, but last night was the worst nite off my life i though i was dieing, i went out with my brother to the local pub and i was avin a great time then all off a sudden i had the tightness in my chest and i was shaking really badly which are symptoms i have had before but then i started having the heart flutters and my temperature felt sky high i thought i was going to pass out and i av never ever experienced those symptons since the start of my attacks.

My doc is sending me for some tests on my heart in Nov but i feel like i am getting scared even more because of the heart flutters, can these flutters be dangerous as i have them everyday i am only 26 and i feel like my life is going downhill drastically and i just dont know what to do caus it seems like my heart is constantly beating fast all the time even though i have numerous tests done saying am fine.

I am so scared some one please help me.

Kerry Ann

r0ck0ut04

I used to get heart palpatations and racing heart all the time to, I used to get them when I was stressed out or having an anxiety attack. Some meds cause them too. I dont think its anything to worry about.

kerryann

Hi Rockout

thanks for your reply i seriously have convinced myself i have somthing wrong with my heart caus i have been having this fast heart beat and flutters for a while now my meds dont seem to be working at the moment for me asi have only been taking them for a week i just wish i could get mylife back to normal again.......

Many Thanks Kerry Ann

xx

steph_gem

My meds may me feel really amped up for the first two weeks. Im on week three now and starting to feel better. The first week at night around 11 each night I felt so wierd, and was freeking out. I just got a book that is helping me a lot to. I realized I was making my self hyperventalate a lot, making my heart race because i was really scared. I had my last panic attack last thursday but was anxious all weekend.
Im currently on lexapro and I have a benzo for when I have the attacks. I really hope your ok. Maybe you should go our and find a book to help you read that other people have these heart flutters as well.

kerryann

hi again well am on buspirone at the moment and this is my second week of taking them an i still dont feel the affect even though my attacks are at minimal at the moment i still feel really anxious and my heart races all the time with the pains here and there and the flutters too.

I have my first councilling session tomorrow so fingers crossed but ihad a letter from work this mornin saying they are asking me to take two weeks paid leave until i feel better but am convinced they want me out wat if i go back t attacks start again i cant exacty hide my attacks can i?

Thanks for replying again

Kerry Ann
x