I am flimsyman, from spain!!

Flimsyman

Hello everyone. First of all please excuse me for my bad english. I am catalan and despite I lived one year in New York, I am losing the lenguage bit by bit because I am not very fond of talking to people, least of all, foreigners. However, I like to read english books and english authors (iris murdoch being one of my favourites) and this is why I still have some skills (but not much).

I have the problem everybody have around here. I mean, the main problem here is that we don´t get along very well with people, and after this, all of us have our special touches of mental disarrengements. I have a few of them and besides I have one more problem added. I have been expelled from all spanish forums that deal with this kind of problems so I guess now I am going to be practicing my english for a while.

I consider my life as a nightmare and I would like very much to end it, so I am continually thinking about suicide. This plannings don´t allow me to make other plans, plans that would help me change my life and make it bearable. I don´t have any friends, I hate my work, my family repudiated me because I cheated in college (I was supposed to be in college but I spent all my days there in the library reading shit). And I neither like my face nor my body, so I try to have it hiden as much as possible and if I am forced to go out I always stare to the floor and never rise my eyes cause I can´t stand people looking at me, even if they are smiling or friendly. I wonder why do I hate myself so much!

Now I am 24 years old, but when I was younger I used to be a runner. I did long distance, cross country and all that. Now I see my routine like a 10.000m race, every day starting a new race. The problem is that energies are fading away and I am getting tired of so much running, so much silence and so much solitude. Now I am on vacations and I have been for days without talking to anyone and I feel I am going crazy.

I live close to the beach and everyone is crazy about it, going up and down, laughing and excited, and I have to keep myself shut up in my room because I don´t dare to go by myself to the beach. There is plenty of people that goes by themselves, the problem is that I am vey pale and I´m sure I would call their attention and they would laugh at me. In conclusion, my friends, I am very ****ed up and I am not being able to see any way out.

Last edited:

satstrn

Well you look like you have some interests (running, reading) and that you enjoy doing them (or used to). Your'e still young so there is lots of time to change. Learn some random skills or find some other things you can do by yourself for fun. Learn to play music, try surfing or something I don't know. But what I've learned is that the less time you spend thinking about the problem the easier it becomes. Go work on your tan. Also, practice looking people in the eye. When you go get food, stare at the grocery lady or the waiter and nod or smile. Look at a girl or two in the eyes every day. The reason people don't mind you is because you don't mind them. Simple as that.