I am confused.

Niki23

I am very stressed out right now. I cleaned my house tonight and it got a little messy and I am up agonizing over it right now. It became so overwhelming that I gave up and now I am making myself sit here and not clean everything because it will wake the kids. Is this a sign of OCD? Not to mention when I am in the shower I organize the soap bottles from tallest to shortest. And sometimes I check them throughout the day to make sure nobody messed with them. I keep my two young children on a schedule and if things don't go according to the plan, my whole day is mucked up. I'm starting to feel like I need professional help.

de-vin

The checking, having to have the bottles in order and having a huge schedule are all symtoms of an OCD personality type, but im not a doctor, just know what I read you know. If this distresses you often, it is a good thing to see a therapist. I see one and it has done me some good.

paulmm

There is a very thin line between OCD and Obessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)

The main differences are that with OCPD, there are no intrusive thoughts and obsessions - worries, yes, but not thoughts that seem to have a mind of their own and refuse to go away

the other main difference is that usually with OCPD, individuals see no need to seek help because they prefer the rigid schedules and routines over flexible ones