hypnotherapy

terry9

hey guys new to site, has anyone ever tried or had advice about hypnotherapy as a cure for sp. in desperate state here and really considering this. may be costly but worth it if works. your thoughts are appreciated guys.

charlieHungerford

Yeah I tried it - it was the first thing I did to try and overcome social anxiety some two and a half years ago, but it didn't work, it was expensive and I didn't really see any change. But, I am glad I did it because it opened my mind up to start understanding how I suffered and why I lacked so much confidence.
Since then I have been on a mission to overcome SA by myself and I am getting really close to doing that.
What I will say about hypnotherapy is that I do believe it can work, BUT you need to know the reasons why you suffer and feel anxious for - so that these reasons can be addressed. When I did it I was just starting out on my path to overcome SA, I didn't understand why I felt the way I did, I was clueless, I thought maybe I was mentally ill or something, but now I realise I am not whatsoever, I simply had developed so many negative beliefs and fears from past bad experiences and years of ridicule, put downs, name calling, etc.
So if you can afford it you should try it, it was fantastic for me in terms of opening my mind up and becoming so motivated and enthusiastic to overcome this.

IceLad

It was also the first proper treatment I tried.

I had 10 expensive sessions of hypnotherapy, and unfortunately, it never did much for me. In one of the sessions, I actually fell asleep rather than go in a trance-like state! However, I do remember after my second session, feeling so calm and relaxed on my way home.

With hindsight, it wouldn't be my first choice of treatment now, but it is certainly worth trying.