Hypnosis

Sillygrl

Has anyone tried hypnosis to help their social phobia? I was thinking about giving it a shot, but was curious if anyone else has had any success with it?

Nice2MeetU

I have, but it didn't really work out. I saw two different people 3 times each (2 people in case the 2nd person had a more suitable method of doing hypnosis) but I could never get into that really relaxed/half asleep state so that the suggestions stay in your mind. Even though the hypnosis didn't work, I did feel alot better after the 1st session about my SP, but the feeling didn't last and the subsequent sessions had little or no effect. I asked both of the people why I wasn't able to be hypnotized and they both said it might be because my mind is too analytical.

But I still think you should try at least one session because it might work better for you than it did for me. :)

IceLad

I had 10 sessions of hypnotherapy, and it never worked out for me either.

The only thing I can say is that going home after the 2nd session, I felt as if I was in a wonderful state of relaxation. Also during a later session, rather than be put into a trance, I ended falling asleep in the chair! :wink:

It may not of been much of a success for me, but it may be for you. It's certainly worth seriously considering.

Some_guy

Problem is there's too many crappy hypnotherapists out there. Seems like almost anyone can pose as one.

About being analytical, a good hypnotherapist will work his way around that.

Everyone can be hypnotized, but of course it's easier to put the blame on the client rather than on their obvious lack of skill

Emma

I did it a few years ago, the point of it was to make me a "normal person"....I can speak when spoken to..and do somethings on my own..but I'd hardly call that normal :(

Doomed2Die

Yes I have tried it also.

Similar results, while the chair and methods relaxed me to no end I could not reach that state of mind required, to me it was like a feeling of stress/anxiety would not 'break'. Im starting to think its impossible to even get fully relaxed personally or rather that level of it (probally why I cannot sleep well). That said, it was super relaxing during and after the session.