Hyperhidrosis: my cure

anne

Hi Im 16 years old and I suffered from hyperhidrosis all my life. I had the worst kind possible, hands, feet, facial and auxiallary. I had it set in my mind that the day I turned 18 I would get ETS because this stupid disease was ruining my life. But today I write with dry hands. I have finally found a combination that totally eliminates my hyperhidrosis. I wanted to this in hopes of helping somebody who also has this. I take Robinul everday which is a drug prescribed for drooling but a side effect of the drug helps knock down hyperhidrosis. Due to the severity of my case i also continue to use drysol for hands and feet and I use Certain Dri which an over-the-counter serum for auxilary sweating. These products completely eliminated it for me and hope they can help you too. I went from having drippy hands and feet everyday to only having a bad day once every few months. If you have an questions please email me, I really dont mind helping you at all because i know exactly what you are going through.
sincerely
anne

congratulations and i feel so happy for you as i know EXACTLY what yu're going through (well, used to go through!) omg i'm willing to try anything to stop my hands sweating. this sounds amazing :D and i'm gonna take your word that it works and try it. i live in australia though, so are these "drugs" available here?? also, are there any side effects? thanks!! :p this is exciting - finally something that seems like it might work! :!:

anne

Im glad to know that youll give this a try. I really think it could work for you. Once you getting Robinul, which is prescribed for drooling, but a side effect of the drug can help dry out hh. Remember that for me i have two use both Robinul, which is a pill, and Drysol, which is like a topical lotion; and using one without the other is like using nothing at all for me anyways. It sounds like you have just as severe of a case of this as i did, so i really think you should give this a try. With Drysol there are no side effects and with Robinul the only side effects for me is dry mouth in the morning if I dont eat anything. But this can be easily fixed by just eating breakfast. I have been using Drysol for about 3 years now and never thought it worked until I found Robinul about 9 or 10 months ago and it completely stopped my hyperhidrosis. I am sure you can ask your doctor about prescribing you the drugs.
well good luck. let me know if you have any more questions.
annie

hey anne

it's me again. hope you'll see this post *fingers crossed* been a bit busy lately with uni n stuff so i haven't had much time to do any "research" into hyperhidrosis, but i'm still keen to try out this Robinul. How did you get hold of it? ie did you order it over the Internet, or is it something that has to be prescribed by a doctor? Just wanna confirm this before I go to my doctor and ask him all about it if I find that it can be ordered online

anne (or anybody else who can be of assistance)

can you please please respond to this post if you read it! i'm going to my doctor tomorrow and i'm gonna try and persuade him to prescribe me Robinul (or an Australian equivalent) to fix my hyperhi*fucken*drosis! :lol: is your treatment still working successfully?? i read somewhere that you can't exercise whilst using anti-drooling pills like Robinul as you'll overheat!? Do you sweat at all whilst on these drugs? i find that my hands and feet sweat when i know i'm gonna be in the spotlight/dealing with people or when it's boiling hot. no sweat otherwise...

Any response is appreciated, thank you!

xx

allweb

Hyperhidrosis site in development

Hello everyone,

I am working on a website on excessive sweat treatments together with a friend here in Romania who has this problem. You can have a alook at what we have done so far at:
http://www.hidrosiscure.com

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated, since we are so new at this. We hope the site will have a positive effect, just like this forum - educationg people and bringing new cures to the surface.

Regards,

Michael

my cure hopefully

im gonna get a sympathectomy done soon free on the nhs in uk. God willing it will cure my sweaty hands. From my research on the internet, the advantages of getting a sypathectomy done is 95% of the time it cures HH permanently, which may give you more confidence in life and therefore allow you to do more things which you couldnt. However the disadvantages are that most people will have compensatory sweating on there chest and back this may not be that much though (still it is better than having it on you palms, you can always wear a vest) The other problem is if the surgeon has less experience and not very skilled if the nerves are cut higher up the chain then it could lead to horners symdrome, a droopy eyelid.

Waying the advantages and disadvantages im choosing to go for an operation because the surgeon i have talked to has been doing it for 20 years this surgery and has never had anyone with the side effect of a droopy eyelid. The surgeon said most people sweat alittle more on their chest and back after surgery, but that cant be that bad can it.

wannabedry

yes it can be VERY VERY BAD!!! believe me! I had the surgery and its not just about the chest and back which are bad enough anyway, its about the legs and groin. my groin sweats so much that i must shower and change multiple times if i dont want to have really really offensive odors. so basically that means i dont socialize or date anymore, yes thats right mY life has been ruined!! please read carefully all forums about ets not just this one before considering this operation.. the surgeons downplay what compensatory sweat can do TRUST ME!!!