Hyperhidrosis Causing Eczema

JayHender

I have had eczema on my feet for around 5 years now. Never was under control just seem to come and go whenever it pleased. However about a year ago I started to develop eczema on my hands too. Now my hands and feet are covered with eczema. (I have HH on hands and feet.) It just does not seem to be going at all.
I am currently receiving treatment for my eczema, which is ultra violet treatment. I get this 3 days a week for the next 10weeks and I am having to apply creams 4 times a day. I have been told this is unlikely to help due to the constant sweating annoying my skin.

I have seen 3 doctors about this now and everyone of them has told me that they think my HH is causing my eczema. I must admit I have never heard of this before. Is anyone else having these issues caused by their HH? If so have you been able to keep the eczema under control? And how did you manage it?

Sprawling

I had eczema on my hands for about 3-4 months years ago then disappeared. I truly doubt that it's related to the HH. I've had palmer/planter HH my entire life. Most likely the eczema is inherited. Having it would probably make it nearly impossible to do ionto treatments on your hands and feet. Topical agents such as Antihydral would probably work since it dries out your skin.

JayHender

Quite a few doctors now have told me that it is related. Eczema is when the skins resistance barrier is broken down and start to react, almost like an allergic reaction. The sweat causes the barrier to break down therefore causing eczema. If you still suffer from HH and you have had eczema once before there is a chance it will come back worse. This is what happened to me.

Sprawling

Knock wood, I've been really lucky. Haven't had a flare up of eczema in about 15 years or so. Although every now and then I get a spot or 2 on my fingers which is more do to my Fibromyalgia.