humiliated

Emma

I hate my job, hate it hate it hate it!!!
I feel really really embarrassed and am not sure how much longer I can continue to go back there.

First I had to answer a phone call, and the person ringing though I was about four and that he had called the wrong number, then when I told him he had the right number, he said jesus christ and said I was a stupid bitch.

And then a couple of days ago we had to go to this bullying training thing, and she made us introduce ourselves in front of anyone, and I was really blushing and twitching, and then I said something and someone did this bitchy laugh, and then everyone stared at me like I was an idiot, and I realised I looked like one too, with my stupid purple socks and my plastic fish bracelet, and the person who was organising it just looked at me, and said Ok, I'll leave you alone now......no wonder I don't have any friends :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry: I'm humiliated now, and no-one could even look at me because I am so dumb

oszapo

Hello Emma,you not stupid!!I always blush and i have bad social anxiety so know what u mean.It can look so bad in front of other people specially when they make fun out of it.But isnt it easy when they have no anxiety?I always thought how many times i could speak up if i would be "normal" and wouldn go red.
There are situations which are really hard to over come but u have to.We all have days like that.Really you not the only one ,if you could have a look in my life maybe would feel better about yourself. :D

alter_ego

Emma said:
I hate my job, hate it hate it hate it!!!
I feel really really embarrassed and am not sure how much longer I can continue to go back there.

First I had to answer a phone call, and the person ringing though I was about four and that he had called the wrong number, then when I told him he had the right number, he said jesus christ and said I was a stupid bitch.

And then a couple of days ago we had to go to this bullying training thing, and she made us introduce ourselves in front of anyone, and I was really blushing and twitching, and then I said something and someone did this bitchy laugh, and then everyone stared at me like I was an idiot, and I realised I looked like one too, with my stupid purple socks and my plastic fish bracelet, and the person who was organising it just looked at me, and said Ok, I'll leave you alone now......no wonder I don't have any friends :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry: I'm humiliated now, and no-one could even look at me because I am so dumb

Emma, the person who insulted you over the phone is the one with the problem, not you. There is NEVER any excuse for anyone to be rude. That guy obviously needs help to deal with his inability to speak civilly to people, sounds like he's one screwed up individual.

Same with the laughter at the training course. If anyone was being bitchy, then they're the ones who have issues. But don't knock yourself so much. It's easy to feel vulnerable when you're down and lack confidence (I do too) but people might have been laughing because they were nervous and they were probably looking at you because you'd just spoken (not because you're "dumb" as you claim; you certainly don't sound it).

The vast majority of people prefer those of us who are shy or unsure of themselves. Who the hell wants to spend five minutes with anyone who's bitchy or anyone who swears and insults someone?

You sound like a nice person. Just believe in yourself a little more. :)

oszapo

Alter- ego,that was so well said,im gonna remember some of those words for myself in my next bad situation :)
Emma if id been in ur situation that post would have lift me up again,hope u feel better

MelissaQu

I can't tell you how many times I've blushed and felt like I just wanted to "end it." But I"ve recently come to realize that it isn't the end of the world, and that it's just an emotion that people can see. It's still very hard for me, but I've tried keeping myself in situations where I'll be uncomfortable so that I can expose myself and get used to it. One day I want to be more than an assistant and I know I won't get there if I don't start now. I'm more than qualified but I demote myself constantly.

The person on the phone has problems, that wasn't your fault at all! And the bitch who laughed at you: people who are arrogant and stuck up will get what comes around.

I've wanted to quit so many times, but realize that people do want you around and you're an important part at your job. They might not automatically think you're weak or stupid if you turn red, they know how you work already, it's just that you may seem ultra-shy in front of them because you're under pressure. Try to realize that they're your equals, almost.

I hope you can give yourself some credit!

sevenohfour

Purple socks?! I WANT PURPLE SOCKS! And a plastic fish bracelet would be awesome! You sound like you're really cool and sweet, don't be embarrassed, I do and say so many embarrassing things it's actually shocking. But I've kind of learnt not to care so much what people think. You should try just laughing things off, and relaxing a bit more.

applesewer

as soon as you mentioned you wore purple socks and a plastic fish bracelet you shot up in my estimations! You sound like a really nice person who's really trying her hardest....and you sound like a person who hasn't been corrupted by all that fake adult crap, but is still a child at heart, which I think is so important and I value so much in people. and you sound unique also!...I don't know if that's a fair portrayal of who you are....but if it is, I think you should be proud. I'd be more interested in talking to someone like you, than the likes of your colleagues!

Marvolo

"Stupid bitch"? It's uncredible, that he might say so. But it only was bad evidence of him...

But I hope there's better situation now at your work. :wink:

Cheers!

joshueg

Hi, Emma,unfortunately what happened to you is very usual. There are people with no education at all, like the person who insulted you.
It has happened to me many times. Sometimes you will feel blushed and bad and sometimes you will feel strong enough to answer him what he deserves (or she)
It is not your fault that that "person" needs to learn what education means.
Please, don' t think you are an idiot, it is not true.
He is a complete idiot, ignorant, etc.

sensitive

worrywort said:
as soon as you mentioned you wore purple socks and a plastic fish bracelet you shot up in my estimations! You sound like a really nice person who's really trying her hardest....and you sound like a person who hasn't been corrupted by all that fake adult crap, but is still a child at heart, which I think is so important and I value so much in people. and you sound unique also!...I don't know if that's a fair portrayal of who you are....but if it is, I think you should be proud. I'd be more interested in talking to someone like you, than the likes of your colleagues!

wow! one of the best comments i ever read. can you say the same thing about me!!

I agree, Emma is unique. She's frank, you can easily understand what she's saying. Sorry that's all i can say my mind isn't functioning well!!

Emma

Well....thankyou very much for your kind replies...sorry I didn't say it earlier..but I feel much better now...thanks again :)