How/Where to Start?

C2much

Alright, so here's a little scenario. I lost a bunch of weight, and I would like to rejoin the human race, particularly, the female inhabitants. I've been without a girlfriend for a looong time. I currently have no friends, and no connections.
Where do I go to meet girls. And please don't say the bar. I don't think I could go solo to bar. Too creepy. I'm 33, where do I meet single girls. Most girls my age are already taken. And younger girls would prefer a guy with some status/success. I am afraid that i'll end up alone forever. I'm decent looking, and strangely funny when you get to know me, but the initial meeting process can be painful and awkward. My mind tends to lock up in female related social situations. I live in a fairly small town too, so that limits the venues available as well.
Any brainstorms or helpful advice? Muchly appreciated.

Jay Cataldo

Sign up for a class (dance, cooking, art, poetry, etc.) or try joining a group on meetup.com. You'll be forced to interact with them at these events and it won't be so awkward for you. Once you get more comfortable being around women, you can literally approach them anywhere (starbucks, book stores, malls, etc.) and strike up a conversation. If you approach them the right way, you can expect to get a good response about 70% of the time.