How to put up a conversation

Xion

There's this girl in my class who talks to me very much and is very supportive.
But lately, I just can't seem to find a topic to talk about. No matter how hard I try, I just can't find a topic to talk about. Can you guys tell me which topic I should talk about to her in our everyday conversation?

bsammy

You said she talks to you all the time correct?do you feel the need to start a conversation or something?as for what to talk about, ask her what she likes to do for fun, or what types of movies she likes?many things to talk about

BlazeBlue

There's this girl in my class who talks to me very much and is very supportive.
But lately, I just can't seem to find a topic to talk about. No matter how hard I try, I just can't find a topic to talk about. Can you guys tell me which topic I should talk about to her in our everyday conversation?

Sometimes you don't have to have a conversation to stay in a healthy friendship. Quietness is also necessary to put both of you at ease. If you really want to say something, then how about commenting on your surroundings or class matters in the form of a question ("hey, did you get problem X, I didn't get it at all, how'd you do it?" something along that line, you know her more than I do).

If you like her then take the opportunity to find out about her likes and dislikes. Most people love to talk about themselves so keep asking questions that allow them to share themselves. You can also share about yourself. Be open and be sincere.

Best wishes!

Requiescat

Conversation skills will require a bit of work in the long term. You will have to change the way you think about conversations whilst drilling a few techniques well enough to get you passed that lock-up point. I will post some links below for you to read through, they should provide more than enough material to spark something for a wide range of people and situation types. But more specifically to this girl: what observations have you made? Conversations are largely bolstered on observation, in terms of reading a person's body language, tone of voice all the way to being aware of your surroundings. What does she talk about? What do you know about her personally? Which class are you in? Do you interact outside of this class? Is she very talkative?

A real turning point for me was learning to ask questions. This one is very often the killer of conversations. Alot of people who struggle in conversations don't ask enough questions, which places the burden on the other participant to essentually mount what is a laboured interrogation. You don't have to be a motor-mouth to have great conversations. Finding a balance between answering and asking questions and making statements is the key. Write out some bullet points about this girls, trying approaching it from the perspective of curiosity in her. Learning to have a bit of interest in other people helps too. A small nuance that makes a significant difference in approach. And be mindful of what you talk about, what her tendencies are, her personality. The more information you build up, the more you have to work with. You can actually do these things naturally, but going through these processes builds confidence and helps you establish those skills.

Anyway, I hope you are able to get something out of this. As I promised, some links to conversation techniques, topics and questions.

Conversation techniques

Killer Conversation Starters | Science of People

http://iteslj.org/questions/

If you require anymore assistance you can contact me her anytime. Best of luck ;)