How to overcome avoidance?

Michael_J2

I know that I have personal issues regarding problems with romantic relations. I try to heal myself through introspection. I have found out that I consciously or unconsciously ignore any type of communication involving any sexual context.
I was bullied during my school years and I have probably built this type of protective bubble to avoid any harm.
I want to overcome it. I have desires, but I suppress them fully. I would like to build a functional relation, but I am affraid that my disorder hinders my rationality and could possibly hurt my partner.
Besides all the metoo stuff, sexual harassment and sexual violence further scare me.
Do you have some useful tips, how to start healing my condition?
I know that recongnition and awareness are the first step.

Last edited:

lily

I know that I have personal issues regarding problems with romantic relations. I try to heal myself through introspection. I have found out that I consciously or unconsciously ignore any type of communication involving any sexual context.
I was bullied during my school years and I have probably built this type of protective bubble to avoid any harm.
I want to overcome it. I have desires, but I suppress them fully. I would like to build a functional relation, but I am affraid that my disorder hinders my rationality and could possibly hurt my partner.
Besides all the metoo stuff, sexual harassment and sexual violence further scare me.
Do you have some useful tips, how to start healing my condition?
I know that recongnition and awareness are the first step.
i don't know why you would ignore any type of communication involving sexual context but to help with what scares you about sexual harassment and sexual violence you should look for partners that aren't that type. good luck to you

Kiwong

Exposure therapy is an option. You can google.
Graduated, repeated and prolonged. It gets you to list fears from lowest to highest and then you expose yourself to least fears, and over time to worst.