How to get un-irritated?

SilentAndShy

For ages now, I've always found myself get irritated at the slightest thing, whether it be my nieces/nephews (one of my nephews' voice grates on me) crying or making a racket or just someone's voice making a comment that makes me want to scream!

This means I either won't be that keen on having children of my own as I seem short-tempered when it comes to them possibly. Not keen on having kids anyway but this doesn't help.

Anyone got advice on dealing with situations when you are extremely irritable?

mikebird

Banned
You make sense.

I never thought of this. I think I never listened to my elders

Brothers' wives looked down on me with frowns. I was keep away from nieces all my life, and I settled with that. Now it comes back at me.

I had wreaking tantrums at my parents, and still do with my Dad when we meet. I wanted to say that my parents never touched or kissed, as I saw in all normal life, and TV & movies

I want to consider every person as individual. I want to find any stranger beyond the norm and turn that relationship into something important.

Surely anyone has a chance to express themselves to their parents and anyone else

The forever ringing bell is Dad's: 'Ken is strange. I was harsh to him.' Ken is the best of three brothers, with grandchildren, two married daughters, although on one of many marriages, and is frightful to me; I guess he thinks of me as his loser son

My employers seem to have tantrums at me

I only let mine burst out at interview once, so far.