How to deal with people who constantly stare at you.

Samantha08

I always get stared by mainly Pakistani men. Those stares are so revolting that it sickens me. I really don't consider myself that good-looking and I always dress decent when I'm out. There were several times I got followed by them. Once, when I was 16, one was constantly staring at me in the library and I got so intimidated that I had to leave. Then he followed me until my house so I was so scared I had to text my dad to come to the front door. A similar scenario happened last week when I went for grocery shopping. Nowadays, I don't want to go out as I don't want to come across those people. Last sunday, I was waiting to cross the road and a group of Pakistani men were waiting to cross as well. They keep muttering at each other and smirking at me in a perverted way at the same time. It really got my nerves and I felt so disgusted. I'm not being racist or anything but men from other background are more respectful.

mikebird

Banned
People in their big groups
bullies
spending all realtime staring and all giggling together
like a flock of hens or bees, flies, ants

I fancy some physical violence to generate some entertainment and applause
crushing the hordes of vermin... cockroaches...

By default I divert my attention and walk away, feeling a bit superior

I've noticed this too, definitely with the Pakistani guys...i'm really chubby and they tend to look at me and stare at me and I feel really self conscious, nobody else pays attention to me and it freaks me out. I don't know how to deal with it either, I usually am walking with my partner so I just grabbed his hand tightly but by myself I don't know how i'd cope. It happens with black guys too, but I think they see fat girls as more attractive or easy or something. I am not being racist but it makes me feel uncomfortable too, its not a hey you look hot today look either, its more a creepy look with a creepy smile. I once had a black guy ask me my name and I told him and he said I looked like his beautiful friend and followed me and started saying why don't you come to mine? i'm having a party and he followed me until I started to run and kept my head down and he shouted at me, don't know what he said then he stopped following me.

I carry a personal alarm on me, it makes me feel safer if I am walking by myself, maybe you should get one of them, they are quite cheap and they make a hell of a noise, what I do as well is I get my phone out if I feel uncomfortable about someone walking behind me and I phone someone and just chat away. Maybe you should phone your parents if you ever feel uncomfortable, I know this is extreme but I sometimes if I feel so uneasy (at night time and I live in a city) and someone is walking behind me or someone is making me feel uncomfortable I go into a shop until they pass or just stop until they pass.

I don't know what else to say but make sure you are safe and that someone knows where you are at all times.