how much propranolol do you need to stop hyperhidrosis?

shyguy210

how much propranolol do you need to stop hyperhidrosis? how much mg? I have tried like 4-6mg but didn't feel any effect.. i sweat mainly on the face when stressed... and i can get stressed very very easily.. like when talking to someone... /any person, even a friend

bsammy

propranolol will NOT stop hyperhidrosis!prop works wonders for fast heart rate, blushing, shaking hands and voice but it doesnt do much at all for sweating..ive tried higher doses with still no effect on sweating..

i havent found anything that works for HH besides benzos or other strong anti-anxiety meds..

Jezza

propranolol will NOT stop hyperhidrosis!prop works wonders for fast heart rate, blushing, shaking hands and voice but it doesnt do much at all for sweating..ive tried higher doses with still no effect on sweating..

i havent found anything that works for HH besides benzos or other strong anti-anxiety meds..

What other anti-anxiety meds you mean? I thought the basics where just benzos (opiates) and alpha and beta blockers (such as propanolol).

I'd like to try a benzo just to see what it does to the sweating and see if the sweating is actually all anxiety or if there is still too much sweating if the anxiety is gone. I know due to the addiction factor it's not really a long term solution regardless which is why it's a problem to get a prescription in the first place.

Whats you're experience with HH and benzo's...is the HH really mostly gone or is it still noticeably there (albeit reduced) but you just don't care as much?

@OP: I tried taking up to 80 mg a day and didn't work at all for HH. Also tried alpha blockers also without success. 4-6 mg is a weird dosage btw, IIRC they were 10 mg per pill and depending on what you're treating you could take max 120 mg a day. I was officially prescribed 10 twice daily I think.

Last edited:

bsammy

What other anti-anxiety meds you mean? I thought the basics where just benzos (opiates) and alpha and beta blockers (such as propanolol).

I'd like to try a benzo just to see what it does to the sweating and see if the sweating is actually all anxiety or if there is still too much sweating if the anxiety is gone. I know due to the addiction factor it's not really a long term solution regardless which is why it's a problem to get a prescription in the first place.

Whats you're experience with HH and benzo's...is the HH really mostly gone or is it still noticeably there (albeit reduced) but you just don't care as much?

@OP: I tried taking up to 80 mg a day and didn't work at all for HH. Also tried alpha blockers also without success. 4-6 mg is a weird dosage btw, IIRC they were 10 mg per pill and depending on what you're treating you could take max 120 mg a day. I was officially prescribed 10 twice daily I think.

benzos will stop the sweating problem but at a huge cost as they also make you simply not care..even on smaller doses, on benzos im very relaxed and calm but i dont really care about anything in that state, plus they dull my mind so its kind of a catch 22 situation..

other anti-anxiety meds ive taken were gabapentin and phenibut..both seemed moderately effective for sweating..benzos work the best but again, the side effects suck!

i guess benzos slow HH down by totally relaxing your bodies central nervous system..

shyguy210

I tried inderal but did not make any effect... tried a very high dose (i can't recall) but didn't make any effect.

i also tried xanax (high dose again.. like 6times prescribed dose) but nothing.... god...

I also got Fluoxetine prescribed... but I guess this does not have immediate effect? should be taken long term? (after how many days should i feel the effect?)