How many of you are totally alone?

Neebo

Hi My name is Neil, I am New to this site so I am a little nervous about talking to you all. I came across this site about two day's ago and I can totally relate to you all. I can't tell you what a relief it was to come across this site because before I thought I was the only one going through this hell that is Social phobia. I am 18 years old Suffer from social phobia really badly,infact so bad that it has completely taken over my life and I am virtually a recluse. I am house bound,never really go out at all unless I have to like say to run an important errand. I am completely lonely,have no friends at all it has completely destroyed my life. I have never had a girlfriend or relationship. I am going to college in september to study media but in the meantime I am at home at a lose end,not knowing what to do with myself because it is very difficult for me to find a part time job to occupy me through summer because mySA/SP is so bad. To pass the time I basically just stay in bed until 3oclock in the afternoon then when I do get up I just basically watch TV,play on my PS2 and surf the internet. They are the only things that I live for in life at the moment,sad,huh? :( Iam pissed off because I went to the doctors and he reffered me for CBT. But I was told I had to wait a whole year for treatment because the waiting list is so long :x Don't you think that sucks? :evil: So thats my story and I am really glad to have discovered this site. It really is a comfort to know that there are other people out there just like me :)

kattness

i would like to be added to the list of people completely alone! yay for me.

And hey neil, im going through the same thing 100%, in the end i didnt even bother with college,even though im 17 i feel ive missed my chance.....either way ur very brave for going :wink: im sure you will meet some nice people in college
im also house bound, n yeah its very hard, just keep thinking thst your nearly there.

good luck and feel free to email me.

katy

Pearl

I'm totally alone too and can relate to everyone. I live with my mum and haven't had friends since l was 15 and they left my school :oops: Being really unadaptable l floundered and spiralled into a very sad, lonely girl. I'm scared that l won't adapt to having people in my life if it were to happen, as l feel more in control when l'm on my own. I'm looking for my own place at the moment, but who knows how that will effect me. Probably ring my mum EVERY day. The whole friendship thing confuses me, l usually just think 'everyone hates me, noone could like me', even when people are friendly to me. My trust in people is limited. I do meet one girl occassionally for a coffee, and she just talks about her friends and what they do which is so depressing :cry: What l find hard is moving from acquaintance to friendship - initiating contact with people and keeping in touch.