How long did it take you to be comfortable around your significant other?

Iseesky

To those of you who were/are in a relationship/marriage/whatever, how long did it take you to become comfortable around them? Or, were you just comfortable around them from the start and that's why you're with them?

'Cause, my bff who doesn't have SA or even the slightest shyness at all, got butterflies whenever she talked to/went out with her crush (he didn't end up liking her in that way), but wasn't nervous at all when first going out with her current boyfriend of almost a year.

I've only been on one date, which didn't go well (he still won't leave me alone...And I've made it crystal clear) and my entire week leading up to it was anxiety Hell! If I'm going to be like that everytime I go out with a guy I like, it's not going to go over well...

Well from my past experience, and there's only been one, It does depend on your feelings toward the guy to begin with. If it just feels "right" you will want to go on the date with the guy, despite getting the anxiety in the days leading up to the date.
I don't think a crush is enough to make the anxiety worth it, you have to feel something deeper toward the guy.
So don't worry Drivemycar, I'm sure you will eventually find a guy that it just feels "right" with, and won't mind the anxiety!:)

SpLynx

I felt he is the person who can accept me the way I am that's why I ended up marrying him. I was waiting for 2 years for him to give up but he never gave up so I started to feel safe. He loves me and accepts me the way I am, I can trust him and feel safe with him. That's the way it should be... :)

btw, I was really weird many times, many "normal" people would run away, he should get an award for being so tolerrant and understanding!

Last edited: