How I overcome my fears

jesuschristschild

this is what the holy spirit revealed to me, it lives inside me, i dont know if i can only do this stuff because i have the holy spirit living inside me, its like a fountain of life inside of me, and its awesome

but this is what he revealed to me, and i will explain humbling yourself better, i admitt its hard to explain

Jesus said 'least on earth is greatest in heaven'........

He also says "love your neighbor as yourself"

first what i do is i lower myself before people and i exalt them, making them better then me....and i respect them as they were better then me, i show all my flaws, i dont hide ONE THING, the second you hide anything your hearts attatched to their thoughts.....when im truely humble, i cut out any worrys, focus on what im doing and stay away from worrys, or focus on anything but worry, i then look at them and love them with my heart, because when they are raised above you, and your hearts not attatched to their thoughts and criticism because you've been completely honest.....i love them, and think of things i would do for them if they asked me........

i exit out my pride, then i replace it with love.....if you exalt yourself, its sooo hard to love.....but when you humble yourself, you can love.......but if your decieving anyone for praise, then the love leaves you

everytime i exalt myself i return to this process, because if i ever exalt myself, the fears come back.......but when i love everyone as myself, i feel SOOO GOOD inside........i also look at all my enemies in my past and humble myself before them and love them........i truely believe everyone is made by God, so i believe everyone is lovable....and that God wouldnt command it if it werent so, but the second you start loving your enemies, this world gets soo much more peaceful, and you see them in a much better way, remember, were all grown up kids, so think that they are children that grown up astray......to love someone is to genuinly care for them.......dont aim for good results, aim for loving them, and caring for them.....greedyness and selfishness kills love........love is selfless, and so is being humble.......any situation where you cant love them, your desire is something else that isnt selfless......its a for you desire, not a for them desire

this is my experience with the holy spirit.....this is what the spirit revealed to me........as far as emptyness, Jesus took that in like 2 seconds, i just gave him my heart like i would a girl that has the ability to break it.....since then i never been lonely or depressed

not much more to say, hope this made sense

much love

jesuschristschild

just wanted to add.....my bad thought i was editting......

Jesus said "judge and you will be judged"

everyone that you place judgement against works against you

love everyone no matter what they done or look like or whatever

if you do this i promise you, that you will love yourself ALOT

PRAISE JESUS

i do this through the help of the spirit so i dont completely know if everyone is able, because the devil is stronger then us.....the spirit gives me the strength to overcome my sin

but im out, much love to ya

overcoming my fears

I like to meet my fears head on. Even though I suffer pretty bad from social phobia it doesnt keep me from tackling my fears. The only fear that really messes me up is dealing with the opposite sex that right there is really hard for me. But I look at all my friends and it seems that they expirence the same type of hardship as we all do. so dont look at your phobia as way to avoid your problems or fears. I would rather stop a leak than fix a flood. If you are religious let your god or who ever you pray too help you. and remeber the answer is not always going to be crystal clear it might take a little effort from you.

jesuschristschild

Re: overcoming my fears

inthesameboat said:
I like to meet my fears head on. Even though I suffer pretty bad from social phobia it doesnt keep me from tackling my fears. The only fear that really messes me up is dealing with the opposite sex that right there is really hard for me. But I look at all my friends and it seems that they expirence the same type of hardship as we all do. so dont look at your phobia as way to avoid your problems or fears. I would rather stop a leak than fix a flood. If you are religious let your god or who ever you pray too help you. and remeber the answer is not always going to be crystal clear it might take a little effort from you.

amen, ill just say right now that without Jesus i cant do it

i know this, without his bread of life (his word)....to feed on the bread of life is to have the holy spirit inside you, and to worship him while you hear his voice......to worship in spirit and truth is to love him and praise him with all your heart.. his personality, not an imaginary God made up inside your head

praise Jesus Christ

much love
Jamie

FaymeLevy

..okay..sorry I really couldnt follow all that cuz I just tend to tune out when I see/hear something about religion. :/ Are you saying us non-believers are not capable of getting better?

racheH

I think (please correct me if I'm wrong, jesuschristschild) that he means that he changed his perception of people to overcome fear, and that he personally couldn't have done it any other way.

Emotions may be experienced by the soul but they're made by the brain, which is not interested in what's morally right, because it obeys DNA which has its own agenda: to propagate at all costs. Therefore I believe the wisest thing to do is to put emotions aside at first when making a decision, use reason to tell you what's right, and if your emotions don't agree with your reason, they are by definition irrational and were probably learned some time ago, like a phobia.

In some therapy, people with phobias are shown their fear in a different light to how they percieve them. Eventually, if you do it properly and persistently, you can reprogram your brain to respond in an appropriate way to the stimuli. These kinds of techniques are explained, quite well, I think, here: http://www.dentalfearcentral.com/overcome_phobia_neuro.html

jesuschristschild appears to have reassociated people with the feelings of love and equality which, hopefully, are those which his reason says they deserve.

Rainman

irst what i do is i lower myself before people and i exalt them, making them better then me....and i respect them as they were better then me, i show all my flaws, i dont hide ONE THING, the second you hide anything your hearts attatched to their thoughts

Unfortunately, it never works this way. If you "lower" yourself in front of people, you will just let them get ahead of you and they will begin to treat you as a pushover or door mat. In this day and age, it is important to look after your own self-interests and either be better than others, or an equal.