How has this site helped you?

Mary

For me I think it has really helped me to not feel so alone in this. Before I found this site I had never known anyone else who had SP and felt like a real outcast. And now I see there are so many of us who have it and now when I do go out I am thinking, maybe that person has it too and is more worried about what I am thinking of them too. Because if you look at the photo album you will see people who have Sp who you would never have imagined had it if you saw them out in the street. It really has helped me just knowing I am not alone and talking w/other's on here who know what it is like. I don't feel so wierd.
Also, the post on banana's has been the best "remedy" advice I have read so far and has also helped a little! :wink: I think they really do help to improve your mood and calm down. Plus they are much cheaper than meds! :lol:
Lastly the support from other's is great. You all made me feel better when I really needed it; when my family wouldn't or couldn't. So thanks everybody!

blubs

ye...similar thoughts.
I've been able to get in touch with people who can relate to my life...instead of feeling like I'm the only person who finds ordinary things so hard to do..
I can say what I really feel..instead of keeping it to myself...& I've had lots of kind words from people...which has really helped when I've felt down about things..& bad about myself.
It's a good place 8)

B

I've seen people on this site admit things about themselves that I wouldn't have the guts to even if I WAS anonymous. I'm a very guarded person and I guess just seeing that it could be done helped me be more honest about myself with people I know offline.

Scottish_Player

This site has helped me loads just by having it as a place to let stuff out and instead of all this stuff going on in my head i could put it on here and get replies to it and advice instead of it driving me crazy.

And also thanks to this site i would say i have improved in my self confidence by loads compared with this time last year, stuff like answering the phone and going into shops has become so much easier.

Mary

Thanks scottish player for the banana post! :) It really was helpful! Their benefits seem to get better over time though, so don't expect an instant miracle. I am now "On" one banana a day and even that seems to help!

Luckiecharm

Definitely feel less isolated, less of an outcast! As for the bananas, I've been a one-a-day girl for about six months now :lol: Very good for upset tummy when you're stressed (something about soluble fibre).

Icecube

I'm new to the forum and from the stories I've read so far, it helped me in the way that I know I am not the only one(allhough I already knew that, it's still different when you actually read from someone else a lifestory you can really relate to)

It also helps me relativating my own life and problems with SP, because I can 'see' the same things that are happening to me from another perspective, which sometimes really makes me laugh my head off ! :lol: Sorry, that's not to laugh at others, but really comes down to laughing with myself

So thanks for those who dare telling their stories !

yankees440

Its great to know that there are people who can understand what i am going through... I try to describe these conditions to my friends, family and so forth but they just dont understand what i am going through....

renegade

Mary said:
I am now "On" one banana a day and even that seems to help!

Imagine the monkeys.... :lol:

Back to the topic, this site was the shoulder to cry on, a bunch of wonderfull helping people :)

OutOfSorts

i'm still not entirely sure how i stumbled across this site. but this site and SAS are the reason that i was finally able to put a name to how i've felt most of my life. I'm almost 30, so it was a big thing for me. I've done lots of reading on here about supplements and things to help, and come back whenever i'm feeling a bit down as it helps me feel better.

TAMPA-BAY

How has this site help?

this site has help me to not feel so ashamed of having dificulties doing some of the simplest social tasks.

Its such a uplifting feeling talking to people on here. They know exactly what its like to be held back by this invisable wall of Social Phobia.

ignisfatuus

It hasn't really - it's just a site I go to when I'm bored of the other forums (few as they are...and I really don't find them helpful either, flawed as they are). These sites are comforting at first, and then start to grate on your nerves.

Amiyumi

I still feel a little weird with writing here, especially how mixed up I've been in most of my posts, it's like sp online. But I can use this site to practice and cure even that, if I can't make mistakes on here, where can I? I don't have to be perfect, I'm not.

Right now, it helps take away the isolation, makes me feel human, normal, acceptable to the real world. Being on line kinda distracts me from getting on with some things, but mentally, theres been a huge diffrence in me. It's helped me get my head togther a bit so I'll be going out again soon as the easter holidays are over (less people out cause of work and school).

MrMark

if anything it just makes me think of my phobia more and just makes me more depressed.

i suppose this forum has helped me try meds out etc.

but i can't really handle the main forum. too many women ranting i reckon :lol:

Mary

sunwindandfire said:
Scottish_Player said:
Mary said:
Also, the post on banana's has been the best "remedy" advice I have read so far

That was me i think :) :) :) :) :) iam glad it helped someone :wink:

And the banana post is.......?

That post was a long time ago..I think its been bumped off the remedys list. You can try doing a search for it but basically it was just about eating two or three bananas a day to feel better and less anxious. It does seem to work. At least for me and a few others...good luck!

I guess this place has kinda' helped me in some ways.
For instance wothout Social Phobia World I wouldn't have anywhere to post my deepest and darkest desires.
Since I signed up here at SPW, my life has been a little better.
Instead of grilling my victims' after murdering them, I now prefer to cook them alive.
I love the way everybody around me likes the sam ethings as I do my homies and people I hang out with).
Because it makes me feel honoured to show my skills and practices in front of large groups of people in public places.
I've never been caught (well at least not recently) I think the Police must be scared of me or somethin'.
I must admit, if I were a normal Human citizen...I'd be fuckin' shittin' myself if I ever came across me! 8O