How do you want to be remembered?

Angie_05

I just realized something today. I want to live my life according to how I would like to be remembered when I'm gone.

I would like people to say:
"Angie cared very deeply."
"Angie had a strong will."
"Angie did not give in to unrealistic societal pressures."
"Angie was always herself."
"Angie lived her life doing only what she was passionate about."

Things people don't say at funerals:
"So and so always had such a nice yard."
"So and so always kept their body in shape."
"So and so always had the newest expensive toy."
"So and so always had a lot of money."
"So and so always knew exactly what to say and was always cool."

I wish more people lived their lives according to the important things.

How do you guys want to be remembered?

shep

I think that the memory of us does not last very long unless we do something like write a bestselling book, invent something special, hold high political office, things like that. The reason I say this is because there are few of us who know much about our grandparents, very little about our great grandparents, and virtually nothing about our great great grandparents. These generations still do not take us very far back in history either. There were lots of people on earth a thousand years ago and more but very little trace of their existence can be found except for very prominent people of those times. Anyway, as for my close relatives and the few if any friends I will have at the time, I suppose I feel the same way you do. However, sadly to say, the BTK killer will be remembered far longer than most of us will.

sensitive

how would i like to be remembered? this is a good question, it means alot to me to be remembered :) . i'd like to be remembered as a man who have dedicated his life to serve the humanity, defend the poor and down-trodden, conserve the nature etc.

all these things sound great however i am not sure what i will do with my anxiety, i mean i should be courageous enough to be an activist and begin fight for people and nature, right?

Yossarian

When my ashes are being scattered in the sea I want people to think "That bastard never paid back the £1,000,000 I lent him!"

Angie_05

shep said:
I think that the memory of us does not last very long unless we do something like write a bestselling book, invent something special, hold high political office, things like that. The reason I say this is because there are few of us who know much about our grandparents, very little about our great grandparents, and virtually nothing about our great great grandparents. These generations still do not take us very far back in history either. There were lots of people on earth a thousand years ago and more but very little trace of their existence can be found except for very prominent people of those times. Anyway, as for my close relatives and the few if any friends I will have at the time, I suppose I feel the same way you do. However, sadly to say, the BTK killer will be remembered far longer than most of us will.

I was actually referring to how our closest relatives will remember us. For most of us that would be our children, grandchildren, and friends.

I will remember the BTk killer because we are both from Kansas. It's scary to know that the town he lives in is not much different than mine, and its only 2 hours away!! I am so glad they caught him!!

Boundless

I would like to be remembered as Gavin the terrible! :twisted:

seriously tho,i dont care how people remember me when im dead,not like its going to change anything, i just want to live my life free and when im dead i guess thats how ill be remembered.

LittleMissScareAll

I guess it would just be nice to be remembered, period. But it would be even nicer to be remembered for being a good actress/writer...not that that will ever happen. :? I'll just be forgotten by everyone when I'm gone.

black_mamba

I'm actually not bothered in the slightest about being remembered. I guess my new philosophy of living in the moment has truely sunk in.

thugaveli

He came
He saw
He faught
He failed

Id like to be remembered for my mental strength that has been battered from day 1

Please leave your donations by the alter

If we collect enough donations you can buy me a 1 way ticket departing from hell at 9:24am, entering heaven at 1:45pm arrive on cloud 9 at 2:05pm

:lol:

Fredscars

I'd like it that when i die people cn think about me and see all the good things rather than the bad. Its like when people look back on you a couple of years ago, the most common thing they'll say is'do you remember your awful hair style?'
I want when im dead for people not to think ' remember how she used to sit on the side and not say anything' but like..'remember when she helped me with this, or when we laughed about that..'
that sort of thing :D

sensitive

LittleMissScareAll said:
:? I'll just be forgotten by everyone when I'm gone.

i really won't forget you. i will remember you as a person who once was my mate :p . despite social anxiety is a horrible thing to experience, it was common between us and we would never met if we hadn't it.

Boundless

sensitive said:
LittleMissScareAll said:
:? I'll just be forgotten by everyone when I'm gone.

i really won't forget you. i will remember you as a person who once was my mate :p . despite social anxiety is a horrible thing to experience, it was common between us and we would never met if we hadn't it.

True,i wont be forgetting anyone from this site,such nice people deserve a place in my mind forever,shame all the bad things also stay there :x

wutnow

...as the guy that told you so :wink:.

All the unpopular stuff. But the stuff that ultimately helps you to achieve your goals.

I don't exactly want people to remember me as a 'nice guy', I'd rather have them totally forget me, but use some bit of help or information I gave them to continue successfully in their own lives.

Yeah, that's the sort-of-sanctimonious answer. So what.

Too many young people in their 20's thinking everything's done and pre-destined for crap city :roll:. It ain't so.

:arrow: Remember me by that.

Honestly, when people that I know die, I don't really conduct an assessment of what they amounted to, or offered me, or stole from me. I just think it's sad that their time is done. I actually think more of the people left behind who have to cope with the loss (especially if it's a mother surviving a child, very sad). But it always makes me think that I better max the enjoyment of life now, because I've just seen firsthand where I'm headed.

I apologize for weighing down what I think was intended to be light-spirited topic.

4myself

I'm not really fussed about it because I wont know anyway. It will be the one time when I dont care what other people think lol. I would rather be thought about as a good person now rather than rememberd when I die.