How do you talk 'Normal' on the phone?

snowcream

Ok, so I just finished a telephone conversation with this guy i really like loads. And I feel awful.
Not only am I shaken up, breathless and suffering from bloody palpitations, I just feel like a complete moron! :eek:mg:

Here's the best part! I work as a receptionist, I answer calls all day, fine. I have no issues in work, I sound professional, polite, clear, confident, I know what to say to the customers. There's no pauses in between our conversations.

It didn't sound like 'me' talking just now. I couldn't think of anything to say whatsoever, it was awkward, I was so nervous, my voice sounded like a kid, I was giggling because I didn't know what to say. :confused:
I'm going to have to talk to him again tomorrow, and I want to do it right. How can I stop being so shaky, and talk calm like I know what I want to say.. plus any questions I can ask him to lead the conversation on a little bit would be appreciated.

NickM

This is the hyperhidrosis forum, which is excessive sweating. I suggest posting in the social anxiety forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Write down a list of stuff to say and have some replies to his questions already in mind so you ain't all like "um....uh.....i uh....." you get the idea. Whatever you do with customers just fit it to this situation. :thumbup: