How do you stop hating yourself?

I'm pretty sure that the core of my social anxiety is hating myself, but is that even something that can be changed?

Jellybeans

nah, i know tons of people who hate themselves... none of them seem to have SA whatsoever. they're usually real depressed, drink heavily, do lots of drugs, or otherwise seek out means of an escape. they're too preoccupied with how they feel than to care about what other people think of them.

if you don't fit any of that, i doubt you're too unhappy with yourself. maybe you're just scared?

sketchy24

I think the core of me hating myself is my SA... I really don't hate myself when I feel good. I like my flaws. they make me different. Its just socially I can't do anything and feel like a duche. I hate myself when I can't become this socially adequate person and not so self conscious out in public.

I'll get over it someday but thats something I just have to work out. I'm not nearly as social phobic as I used to be being around people all the time at work. I just never have anything to talk about and that makes me nervous and stuff. Just trying to pay more attention to my surroundings instead of myself and learn what most learned in grade school. I'll get it someday.

Helyna

Write a list of the things that are good about yourself. Anything. No matter how small or pointless or dumb-seeming. And everything you have done that is good that you can come up with. Things you have succeeded at, or been praised for, or just done that is nice for someone.
There are things. Make yourself write that list. Don't listen to the excuses or insults your mind invents. Just write anything.