how do you deal with SA at it's worst?

aidan

lately for me i been dealing with my social anxiety thru means of a bottle of whiskey, i have gone through 3 bottles and a 12 year old Jameson in the last 3 months. im actually starting to be a little worried about myself lately due to the excess and i feel i need it to escape and numb myself and just feel happy inside. i was wondering how everyone else deals with stuff being down? whats your outlet?

D

deleted user 1

At it's worst? Just force myself to do things, that's basically how I live from day to day. Just force myself, it's the strain of trying to do this that eventually pushes me to those dark periods. I end up feeling emotionally drained and physically on the brink of death. I steer clear of alchohol and other such stimulants. If things are this bad without them, how bad will they be with them? Creating more issues and problems in my life is not appealing to me @_@

JamesSmith

For the past 5 years I've just been isolating myself into solitude for the most part. You never have to deal with the uncomfortableness of SAD if you never go out, so I don't go out besides running errands and donating plasma. After bad social experience to bad social experience, I guess I just had enough of punishing myself every day trying to connect with friends and other people.

When I have enough money to burn, I like to drink. I'm sure other people would say that I drink because I have anxiety, but millions of people who don't have an anxiety disorder drink, so I think it's not entirely accurate to automatically assume I drink to eliminate anxiety. I think I drink cuz I'm bored and it's fun to drink, it makes me feel good. If that's my way of "dealing" with anxiety, then so be it. All I know is that I enjoy drinking.

Besides that stuff, I usually just watch tv, play video games, and do computer random stuff to pass time so I don't sit here and do nothing but think about stuff.

Minty

I stay in my house. It's pretty much an anxiety-free zone for me. I do get depressed every now and then (nothing serious) out of loneliness though.

D

deleted user 1

I stay in my house. It's pretty much an anxiety-free zone for me. I do get depressed every now and then (nothing serious) out of loneliness though.

I am again very rarely outdoors, not housebound as I once was, but I do not go out for very long periods. But, home life for me is very stressful. Not a place I feel free or 'safe', but due to my SA I am unable to branch out from here. I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't. That's arguable the greatest source of stress in my life.

Minty

I am again very rarely outdoors, not housebound as I once was, but I do not go out for very long periods. But, home life for me is very stressful. Not a place I feel free or 'safe', but due to my SA I am unable to branch out from here. I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't. That's arguable the greatest source of stress in my life.

I'm sorry to hear that. May I ask why your home is a stressful place for you?

D

deleted user 1

I'm sorry to hear that. May I ask why your home is a stressful place for you?

Basically, alot of this has to do with my father. Through the years we've become more and more distant, to the point where we literally do not talk to each other anymore. There is no basis for a connection, quite awkward and tense right now. My mother has had a major health issue two and a half years ago, it's been very emotional for her and for us too. My sister's relationship has been an utter disaster, her boyfriend is very anti-family and takes every opportunity to drive a wedge between her and us, whilst at the same timebeing distant so as to preserve his own freedom. There are other more personal issues I have of my own, so it's very convoluted right now, very taxing.