how do u know u have OCD?

sidney

Hi, im wondering what most symptoms of OCD are cus im having some very irrating, uncontrolable thoughts about certain things and theres something about me that holds me back from doing certain things but incase im wrong and sound like an idiot i dont really wanna say yet so cud you all tell me what kinda things show you that you have OCD about anything??

AvinaKo

It sounds like you do. Goodness, though, you shouldn't worry about sounding like an idiot- everyone on these forums should sound like idiots to "normal" people. [Generalization, but, really, if half the people I know stumbled across this forum, they'd be pissing their pants, laughing, at some of the more... odd things we all do.]

sidney

Aww thanks :D
what kind of symptoms have u experienced though, could you describe them in detail? thanks

AvinaKo

I wash my hands a lot and for a long time. Like, touching something that I think is dirty, even though it may not be considered dirty to other people.

I also used to have my shoes tied an exactly certain way. I used to be obsessive over my health- in a hypochondriac way. I used to have to wear my socks a certain way, too... Um... I've had about five different OCDs in the past, like, ten years. @_@